What to expect??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I have an 05 yukon Denali XL, with the 6.0. What kind of power gains can I expect from a BB tune? I've been on the fence on getting a tune for about 6 months. Truck has a GMPP exhaust and will have a K & N intake soon. Also what all do I have to do with a traditional tune? Just swap out the computers and I'm good to go?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For your year/engine, we typically see 20-25HP, but that will depend on driver, engine mods, and gas (quality and octane).

You would be fine with the traditional, however, would need to find someone to do the crank relearn for you ($50-100). Many folks go with the scan cable tune for the fact that it dials the tune in, as well as allows the customer to perform the crank relearn on their own.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
What does a crank re-learn do, what is it, and why do I need it?

What's the price difference between the traditional and scan tune? Any performance gains?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In short, the crank relearn will sync the new PCM up to your vehicle. Otherwise, your vehicle will not run optimally. Won't hurt it without the relearn, but we strongly recommend it.

$100 difference between traditional and scan cable, and we can usually eek out a few more ponies due to the fact that we can see exactly how your vehicle performs.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
So if I do the scan tune I don't need to have someone else do the crank learn? So basically it's the sane price since I don't have to do the relearn? Sorry if I'm completely wrong lol

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are correct, you can do your relearn on your own with the scan cable. Yes, it would amount to the same if you had to get a relearn elsewhere.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Ok cool, there just isn't anywhere near me that tunes, which makes it difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12