What should be upgraded for taking turns better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NVNJ

Reaction score
I need my 2010 Tahoe to take turns a bit better. Currently I feel like I need to really slow down in order to take a sharp turn (not racing).
There is a ton of body roll which I would imagine is normal for a vehicle of this size. What would you guys suggest be replaced/upgraded in order to achieve this? Currently everything is stock including the wheels/tires. Much appreciated.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my first question is have the shocks ever been replaced? a symptom of worn out shocks is excessive body roll
when you go over like a speed bump does the suspension seem to rebound excessively?
you can kinda check yer shocks by pushing down onthe front end and it should only rebound
once?
and if yer shocks are infact in need of replacement it most definatly will eliminate alot of that body roll and it should ride pretty level through the corners

and if the shocks are good id start with sway bars sway bar end links
you can lower the suspension 2 to 3 inches wich will help but yer ride qauality suffers a little bit

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say a 2/3 lowering kit with upgraded sway bars. You'll feel a difference in ride quality but it'll be in a good way. You will definitely be able to take corners a little faster and feel more planted to the road. My old 2008 Tahoe had a 2/3 drop with stock sway bars and just from that the Tahoe felt like it handled much better and in no way did I feel like the ride quality suffered (but everyone is different).

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on Eibach sway bars front and rear and it made it a huge difference in cornering and handling, the truck feels way more planted and predictable in sharp curves and turns and i am on stock height.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Few questions on this.

What is your budget?
Autoride?
Do you want to lower?

I offer and install a few kits that drastically change the handling of a gm suv just need to know what you want so i can dial it in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bleachii