What motor is inside center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon Denali AWD. What motor sits inside the center console on the left side, next to the drivers knee? I can hear it dying, and don't know what to replace.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I saw that you replaced blend door actuator. Was it the actuator making this noise?

OP
OP
W

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was not. Still have the noise. I can hear it inside the center console. It almost sounds like a little piston pump.

OP
OP
W

WildernessJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. Is everything else in that area working as it should?

Yes. It sounds like it is coming from the left side of the CD changer, but I looked back their with a mirror and nothing is there. The noise occurs regardless of the CD changer being on or not. What is the big black thing behind the center console? Looks like an amp or motor.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
There are no motors in the center console. The only things that "move" in the center console are the CD Changer and the Subwoofer.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mode actuator is there, but shouldn't be making a pump noise. Every time I get in my Yuk, I here a little whirring, pump noise, seems to come from behind nav screen area, anyone?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
There is no mode actuator in the console. All of the front hvac actuators are in the dash. The driver side temperature actuator is behind the console though.

The DVD spins up in the Nav unit when you open a door or turn the truck on, perhaps that is what you are hearing.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no mode actuator in the console. All of the front hvac actuators are in the dash. The driver side temperature actuator is behind the console though.

The DVD spins up in the Nav unit when you open a door or turn the truck on, perhaps that is what you are hearing.

Right, getting center console confused with center of dash.

I though whirring was DVD also, but none in there, does it spin anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20