What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mfrohlich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is for? It appears to be a little speaker or air inlet.

There’s nothing behind the panel when I pull it back either. The panel isn’t actually attached to anything behind it, so I’m wondering if the previous owner removed a sensor or had the panel off for some reason and broke the clips and piece it’s supposed to fasten to.
436C5AC9-947D-4DE6-BD14-7A939787DC3A.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing there huh? I always thought it was for a microphone for the OnStar/hands free phone. Doesn't doo much good there though when your leg blocks it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It’s a 10 Esky right? Are you referring to the black triangular plastic trim or the carpet trim under it that’s slightly darker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is for? It appears to be a little speaker or air inlet.

There’s nothing behind the panel when I pull it back either. The panel isn’t actually attached to anything behind it, so I’m wondering if the previous owner removed a sensor or had the panel off for some reason and broke the clips and piece it’s supposed to fasten to.
View attachment 277368
it's for nothing, I have read before there may have been some intended use but it was only on a certain year or model or whatever. pay it no mind just some holes in the plastic.
tell your more gullible friends that the cia was tracking you because they thought you were a spy and took you in for questioning and found out you were just a plain old american.....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 277368

Always thought it was a stinky feet or fart meter GM used to collect data on their customers.

OP
OP
M

Mfrohlich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I’ll just ignore it. I do need to figure out how to fasten that panel down better though as it’s not clipped to anything behind it and rattles like hell.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I’ll just ignore it. I do need to figure out how to fasten that panel down better though as it’s not clipped to anything behind it and rattles like hell.
it shouldn't be rattling it just rest's on the carpet and is attached above to the console, you could try some hook & loop fastener where it rest's against the carpet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tali