What is this?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonchief

Reaction score
So I ordered a Mcgaughys lowering kit to level out the Yukon. So when the kit got here I installed it no problem then a day later another box showed up from the same company. I’m not sure what this is used for or why they sent it to me. Anybody have an idea?

31A3953A-7749-4465-B66B-A523AA0E92FE.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weld-on adjustable Panhard bar kit, looks to be a universal design. Was it included in your lowering kit or did they send it by accident? Your Yukon has a factory non-adjustable Panhard and a direct-replacement adjustable one is all that's necessary, unless there's something in the way on the 2015+ that requires welding on new mounts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
Weld-on adjustable Panhard bar kit, looks to be a universal design. Was it included in your lowering kit or did they send it by accident? Your Yukon has a factory non-adjustable Panhard and a direct-replacement adjustable one is all that's necessary, unless there's something in the way on the 2015+ that requires welding on new mounts.

I bought the kit off eBay and it did not show it. I’m guessing they sent it by mistake. Mine was just a 2” rear drop all I installed was the springs and the shock relocation brackets. This came a day later.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the kit off eBay and it did not show it. I’m guessing they sent it by mistake. Mine was just a 2” rear drop all I installed was the springs and the shock relocation brackets. This came a day later.

Yeah, it was a mistake. A 2" drop doesn't warrant an adjustable Panhard. If they don't want it back and you or a friend has no use for it, Craigslist or FB Market it. Or maybe it'll work for a NNBS or NBS SUV and someone here on the forum would buy it. You'd just need to measure the minimum and maximum adjustment lengths and width of the bushing ends for someone to determine compatibility.

If it were me, I'd compare it to the OEM setup just to see if it would be simple to bolt in. Your rear end shouldn't be off center much at all from the minimal drop. But if it'll fit, it'll let you center it exactly. You may even feel improved lateral stability from the poly bushings. Of course, you may also get more suspension noises from it.

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a mistake. A 2" drop doesn't warrant an adjustable Panhard. If they don't want it back and you or a friend has no use for it, Craigslist or FB Market it. Or maybe it'll work for a NNBS or NBS SUV and someone here on the forum would buy it. You'd just need to measure the minimum and maximum adjustment lengths and width of the bushing ends for someone to determine compatibility.

If it were me, I'd compare it to the OEM setup just to see if it would be simple to bolt in. Your rear end shouldn't be off center much at all from the minimal drop. But if it'll fit, it'll let you center it exactly. You may even feel improved lateral stability from the poly bushings. Of course, you may also get more suspension noises from it.
Thanks for the clarification now what to do.......

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look adjustable, hmm...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm out in the shop so I decided I'd entertain this some more in case it applies to anyone. The Panhard on my '08 looks to be right at 33.75" on the bolt hole centers and the bushing width is 2". If that one Jessie has is close to this and no longer than this at it's shortest, and it's 2" or less (can use large washers to shim) wide, then it's be a bolt-on upgrade. It looks to be a stout, good quality piece.

@yukonchief, you mind posting up some measurements?

OP
OP
yukonchief

yukonchief

Reaction score
I'm out in the shop so I decided I'd entertain this some more in case it applies to anyone. The Panhard on my '08 looks to be right at 33.75" on the bolt hole centers and the bushing width is 2". If that one Jessie has is close to this and no longer than this at it's shortest, and it's 2" or less (can use large washers to shim) wide, then it's be a bolt-on upgrade. It looks to be a stout, good quality piece.

@yukonchief, you mind posting up some measurements?

Here’s what I got let me know if you need me to Re-Measure...... also what is with the brackets that came with this bar?

F17F329D-D222-4DE9-81E5-24CA32DA91E3.jpeg E658A3A5-BAC6-4CD4-B5F5-81C87A8C9636.jpeg 02E82AA7-00E8-4803-BF0F-7AB5F94CF9DA.jpeg 11DF139B-5AA9-42EC-BFAD-D6F59C64036F.jpeg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brackets are for DIY weld-on mounts on your frame or axle.
Dang, that's a short bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick