What is the best cold air intake for my yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S.L.A.B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been looking around for cold air intakes and i like the K&N FIPK intake but it says i will only get 12 HP which is nice but when im spending 300 dollors i like to get out What i pay for it. So, what do yall think is the best cold air intake for my 05 yukon SLT 5.3.(looking for HP)

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 24

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter cuz ALL of those claimed HP gains from the CAI kits are way over exaggerated. At MOST you'll get 3 or 4 HP gain with just the addition of a CAI alone so if you're going for HP gains or MPG gains save your money.

With that said, if you're dead set on getting a CAI then the K&N you mentioned or airaid are probably the best for the money.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pipe is just a pipe.

Buy the cheAp one, specter from autozone.
Save the extra cash for a servo kit for transmission, you will gain more with these two
Than a 300$ CAI. And cost will b cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S.L.A.B

S.L.A.B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so other than an CAI and a chip, what else could i buy to give me more HP.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best bang for your buck is a BLack BeAr tune, vette servo, specter CAI and swap in magaflow muffler.

You will have bigger gains in both power, feel and sound over anything else other than a forced induction kit.

You WILL like what you get from just those simple mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts