What is the best 22 inch tire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
45s? Really?? I had 45 series Falkens and I hated them. The belts seperated in 4 of the 5 tires, causing them to deform while driving. They looked okay, but the 40s look 100xs better IMO. All that really matters is that you're happy though.

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear u but IMO the ride is much smoother in the 45 then the 40 series tire

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't like the ride on the 40s? I think I might like the 40 ride better, but I know what you're sayin'. The 45s will let you jump curbs faster than the 40s. That's a +

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think the ride is smoother plus it's a family car only driven when the whole family is going out so I wanted something with some meat on it (comfort) plus plus the wife drives it sometimes an just drives without a pothole in mind if you know what I mean lol

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My apologies to the OP for temporarily appropriating his thread for personal inquiry :) ... but I didn't think my question merited yet another thread.

Does anyone know the difference, and which tire is preferable:

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, P285/45R22
or
Goodyear Fortera SL 285/45R22

There's about a $40 difference per tire and they're both recommended for oem 22s.

Thanks.

PS. They also recommend these: Bridgestone DUELER A/T RH-S P285/45R22, but I gather these are m0ar for off road use.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06xl said:
I hear u but IMO the ride is much smoother in the 45 then the 40 series tire

This is a fact. More sidewall = more cushion. My 35 sidewall is a little too low for me. That's why I want to go to 22s... More sidewall.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think the ride is smoother plus it's a family car only driven when the whole family is going out so I wanted something with some meat on it (comfort) plus plus the wife drives it sometimes an just drives without a pothole in mind if you know what I mean lol

Hahaha. I know exactly what you mean! Just be aware that the 45s WILL throw your speedo off. I got clocked at 69 when I believe the speedo said something like 60ish. Not 100% sure on the exact amount it's off, but it will be off none the less.

My apologies to the OP for temporarily appropriating his thread for personal inquiry :) ... but I didn't think my question merited yet another thread.

Does anyone know the difference, and which tire is preferable:

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, P285/45R22
or
Goodyear Fortera SL 285/45R22

There's about a $40 difference per tire and they're both recommended for oem 22s.

Thanks.

PS. They also recommend these: Bridgestone DUELER A/T RH-S P285/45R22, but I gather these are m0ar for off road use.

Spec them both out. If the ratings are comparable, buy the cheaper one. No difference.

This is a fact. More sidewall = more cushion. My 35 sidewall is a little too low for me. That's why I want to go to 22s... More sidewall.

+1 I love the 40 ride. Perfect height IMO. I'd still rock 6's though.

OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my speedo is off maybe 5mph but it's cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia