What do your kids roll in? (car seats)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used Britax seats for both our boys. One is still in one and the other is almost 5 so he's in a booster seat. I really recommend them. Very good quality, easy to buckle and unbuckle, and visibility is good for the little guys. Some seats sit really low and then they can't really see out the windows. Some seats also sit weird...they recline too much or are too *****. We went through a number of different seats before we tried the britax seats and then bought 2 for the boys.
Also, all britax seats are not great either. I highly recommend the Marathon series but the frontier sucks. They went cheap on the belts on the frontier and subsequently they get tangled ALL the time. Marathon has thicker belts...makes a difference. Trust me.
Bottom line with seats though, after trying 6-7 different ones and friend's feedback, you get what you pay for.
Incidentally, I originally wanted Recaros because I'm a bit of a car racing nut but up here in Canada, Recaro's aren't legal. They won't pass our safety testing. Don't know if that makes any difference to anyone but it was a bit surprising to me.

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was comparing the Britax to the recaro and they are both about $220 with 4.5/5 stars on amazon. I guess I'll have to do some amazon review reading to see which one to get. Thanks for the info!

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix I have a Recaro for my parent's Esky, and used to have a Britax for my Burb. Quattro's thoughts on the two mirror my own; I'd go with Britax 100 times out of 100. I didn't know that Recaro isn't used in Canada, but that should be a HUGE sign to us here.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Matt. They have a guy on Amazon saying he has had Britax and Recaro and he'd way rather Recaro again which is exactly opposite of what your saying :/ It looks like it's a toss up and a matter of opinion... the Recaro one LOOKS 100x better but that's not a good reason to justify the purchase as safety is definitely the main concern. The extra side padding around the head area looks soooo much safer in the Recaro too...

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thread! I will defenitely be getting a Britax for when our 3 week old gets bigger. Right now she's rocking the Chicco--btw, man, have those latch systems gotten so much easier. The 5 year old has the Graco booster. I really like the seatbelt holders that are built into the Tahoe too. they work great with the booster.

47e7ae4a-9eea-a342.jpg

nuttkaze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since our youngest was born (March), the wifey and the baby have slept in the guest bedroom. I get ***** in our bed, then she leaves. I've had the best nights sleep ever in the last 3 months...

:lol2:

pahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!:****::****::****:

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the Graco carry thing, we went with the Recaro ProRide Convertible, then the ProSport and now both boys (3 and 5) are rocking the ProBooster's.

We had 3 of each so my Tahoe and now Suburban had a set, the wife' MDX also had a matching set and we even fitted her parents car with a set.:waytogo: