What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back from the shop, had new parking brake cables installed

Harlech

I am a robot.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a full sound system upgrade over the last two weeks, threw a Kenwood DDX372BT in the dash and did my own DD install, turned out fairly decent though I need to do a little more sanding/smoothing out of the trim around the deck.

Front doors I went with Fosgate 6.5 components in order to replace both the factory woofer and tweater, in the rear I did Fosgate 5.25 2-ways, all of these powered through a Kenwood 40w X 4 amp, I ended up losing my cubby under the AC controls to mount the amp there. And then I did a Punch 8" off a Fosgate 500w amp, though I haven't been happy with my first box and will probably build another after I decide how I want to mount it. I learned the hard way that mounting it to the back of the seat gap cover causes all kinds of awesome rattles!

Attachments

• deck.JPG
    deck.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 21
  • sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 21

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a full sound system upgrade over the last two weeks, threw a Kenwood DDX372BT in the dash and did my own DD install, turned out fairly decent though I need to do a little more sanding/smoothing out of the trim around the deck.

Front doors I went with Fosgate 6.5 components in order to replace both the factory woofer and tweater, in the rear I did Fosgate 5.25 2-ways, all of these powered through a Kenwood 40w X 4 amp, I ended up losing my cubby under the AC controls to mount the amp there. And then I did a Punch 8" off a Fosgate 500w amp, though I haven't been happy with my first box and will probably build another after I decide how I want to mount it. I learned the hard way that mounting it to the back of the seat gap cover causes all kinds of awesome rattles!
Love that HU

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had yesterday off so I swapped out my old rusty bumper for the diesel one I've had laying around since winter. I POR'd the inside of it first to hopefully prevent it from rusting. Looking at fog light options to go in the two holes now.

Harlech

I am a robot.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that HU

I've been happy with it in every way so far short of the load time it takes for skipping songs on the iPod when you have artwork on. I have a 120 gig classic in the glove box and it works fine as long as you have the artwork off for skipping fast, if the art work is on you have to wait 3 or 4 seconds before being able to skip to the next track. And what is the purpose of having a DD if you can't see the artwork. Well besides letting my wife watch movies. She still can't believe there is 70 movies loaded up and ready to watch at any time, lol!

Gekko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This happened this morning when I parked at work and tried to get out.. Time to order a new one

Attachments

• DSC_0229.jpg
    DSC_0229.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable