What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hmm where can I get those from? Never had an issue with Felpro myself but that's almost always been stock manifolds too

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get the compressed graphite ones, I originally put fel-pro gaskets when I did my headers and they never sealed properly and totally gave up after 3000 miles. The compressed graphite gaskets are much nicer.

cent frum a smaert fone

yea mine came with graphite gaskets and said DO NOT use anything else

mattss90

Reaction score
ive spent a few hours looking at how to upgrade the towing/weight capacities from 6200 to hopefully the 8000+ range(i know the motor can but not the axle), bigger and better rear axle for towing and maybe looking into getting a 4L80 tranny instead of regearing, putting a shift kit, and a badass tranny cooler on my 4L60.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 lug 14 bolt semi-float axle with 4.10 gears and disc brakes, helper springs or air bags, swap your trans for a 4l70e (the same low gears as the '60e but almost as strong as the '80e) new master cylinder for the discs. That will get you your load capacity.

cent frum a smaert fone

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
6 lug 14 bolt semi-float axle with 4.10 gears and disc brakes, helper springs or air bags, swap your trans for a 4l70e (the same low gears as the '60e but almost as strong as the '80e) new master cylinder for the discs. That will get you your load capacity.

cent frum a smaert fone

Hydroboost is also a good upgrade if you dont' want to do the disc conversion.

--

I got the floor cut out of Rollie to reveal this big beautiful bastard
NV4500 and np241
20150329_121556_zpsufvfokv3.jpg

bigal11419

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still undecided on the sub. Definitely not using the amp and cd changer. Still haven't finalized what I am adding to it.