What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knucklebuster283

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two weekends ago rebuilt the front end on the Yukon. Today replaced the heater blower motor. Tomorrow start chasing the blinker gremlin, have already changed the flasher relay.

bigal11419

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, front rotors and pads (PowerStop K1970 severe duty kit), and water pump

Reaction score
Ok, so I bit the bullet and did the Hydroboost conversion (vacuum to hydraulic). WOW what a freaking difference it made! I did not have enough cabbage in the piggy bank to put on the power steering pump cooler but will do that in a month or so. It's okay, I think, since it is still winter and it does not really get driven that much. I also installed a stock 105 amp alternator as the other one sounded like two skeletons having sex on top of a tin roof!

:chair:

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Ok, so I bit the bullet and did the Hydroboost conversion (vacuum to hydraulic). WOW what a freaking difference it made! I did not have enough cabbage in the piggy bank to put on the power steering pump cooler but will do that in a month or so. It's okay, I think, since it is still winter and it does not really get driven that much. I also installed a stock 105 amp alternator as the other one sounded like two skeletons having sex on top of a tin roof!

:chair:

congrats on the up grade! but one question...... How dow u know what two seletons having sex on a tin roof sounds like? LMAO that must be the 51st shade of grey

CSX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Door work - replaced both interior and exterior door handles, power door lock solenoids, had the door panels reupholstered, and lubed all of the power window tracks.

Nothing exciting, but definitely necessary.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an over-the-phone trade in value for a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep has a selling price of $42k. They offered me $560 for my Yukon which is a '99 with 179k. My tires are worth more than $560. I told them to pound sand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia