What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Better just swap to a 4l80

Had plans to but can not do it now. Spent the only grand I have to get it fixed and the best I can do is a used one right now. The job assignment I had last is done and for whatever reason others I have been put on have been pushed backed do to them not getting in the aircraft. I have been with out work since 1-24 I think and seriously do not know what to do. I can't spend any money I don't have.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
dropped the old auto transmision and autotrac transfer case out of my project hoe yesterday, will be pulling the bad motor today. will any luck i'll be dropping in an nv4500 and floor shift transfer case next week

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GuzzleTron is slowly becoming TroubleTron again. I backed out of the driveway this morning and noticed some new oil drips on the driveway. Got going about 25 mph and noticed a thumping coming from under the seats. An "I feel something hitting the floorboard" thumping. I pulled over, didn't see any dead cats or other animals (as I suspected) but I did find a nail in my tire. Turned around and the thumping is still there. Not sure where to even begin with this one as there's nothing that I could see caught in the drive shafts.

When I get it up on jack stands this weekend for the brakes, I'll crawl all the way under this f'ing thing and see what's up.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
So far good on second used tranny. A new 2-4 band was put in while it was being partially inspected. 3-4 clutch pack was very good shape and no signs of overheating in it. To my knowledge no shift kit in but the 1-2 hard kick is no more so maybe I got lucky. Scanner data looks promising. Shifting timing has seemed to go back to normal. And no defunct pcs solenoid now. I hope this will last a while till I get a monster on in there later. If the supplier will let me have my core back for free then when I find the time and space I will tear it down for photo documentation.

landsoul

Reaction score
I replaced the steering sensor. This fixed the sporadic steering input in corners and firmed up the steering overall.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
600 miles on used tranny today and everything seems a okay. On flat land fluids stays under 137°. Gets to about 159°F ops when really worked ******* the hills. And just idling for a hour about 176°F If no radiator fans are running and no airflow thru auxiliary cooler. Cools down again in about 5-10 minutes when motion on the vehicle. Radiator barely gets hot enough from engine coolant to even need to turn on the fans. They went on about four times for 1 minute during the hour. Regardless need more coolers and fan gadgets.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
+1 for e fans, what kind of temp sensor are you using? I'm looking for a dual range to go with my mk8 dual speed fan and Volvo dual relay

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
just bought my first Tahoe!

Bought my first Tahoe today! Ran it through emissions first, passed with flying colors. Runs super smooth and shifts even smoother. I'm impressed for 210000 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts