What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get away with 5 lugs fine, that's what the half ton 2wd trucks run on, but it's not a very tough job to replace the stud, in fact my tire shop did it for free during a tire rotation.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hammer out the bad stud and use an impact gun and new nut to seat the new stud takes all of 20 minutes.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Finished wiring on the secondary fuse box, new power ports, hidden 110 inverter, and secured my 02 center console to the floor (with quite a few washers as shims) installed new 02 towing mirrors and wired in motors on those, prepped front air dam for installation and have her a bath. New radiator and upper ball joints just came in so that's a project for this weekend.
8aganara.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
one question , when removing the front right wheel , some ******* with an impact gun cross threaded the crap out of one lug. i had to grind it off , but the stud is no good anymore. can i get away with 5 lugs on these wheels and be safe?

replace it. and get rid of the spacers.

96Taho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Got New Stock Wiper Cowl Ordered , Had Custom Solid Cowl But It Was Not Fitting So Back To A Stock One That Fits..... Still Waiting For Interior Guys To Finish All My Interior And Install it..... Hopefully by end of july i have everything completed

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replace it. and get rid of the spacers.

should i get one at the dealer , or is there a generic 14x1.5 stud at napa etc?
i only put wheel spacers on the rears and they went on with no issue in a safe manner. the front wheels are as is , but the lug issue was discovered with taking off the original wheels.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
AutoZone will have the studs. One time on my old silvi the lugs were not tight well they blew off on the highway and destroyed them I put new ones on from auto zone

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should i get one at the dealer , or is there a generic 14x1.5 stud at napa etc?
i only put wheel spacers on the rears and they went on with no issue in a safe manner. the front wheels are as is , but the lug issue was discovered with taking off the original wheels.
Any auto parts store will have the correct stud.

And if you take a tape measure you'll find your rear wheels now have a 4" wider track than the front. It is not the axle that is narrower than the front, but the body is wider in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65