What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I added a Denali console to my 1997 2 door.
Picked one up and disassembled, stripped and repainted Med GM Gray.
reupholstered the wood grain bezel in dark charcoal leather to match the dash.
This one was complete right down to the key for the top arm rest console.
I also grabbed and installed the correct block off plate at the heater box to direct the air flow around this console.
Tbruz

looks good what all did you have to modify to get it in?

got the Hoe all aligned and ready to go today

74850B93-2877-4F68-99B3-6F3BB88AA12F_zpsxhvagytm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my oil changed, replaced my 17 year old spare tire that had a screw in it and replaced the air filter.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jerryjo28,
No mods at all; its a direct drop in for the standard Tahoe/Yukon console.
Bolt holes aligned as well once I reversed the rear mounting bracket (from open side facing forward on the tahoe console to open side facing back for the denali console)
I replaced front block off plate at the blower diffuser(under dash) with the Denali specific one so that the air is directed around the new console rather than into it.
Rear controls are not operational but, not needed for me.
Still hoping that someone has the wiring info for the sub and amp(which I left installed).
Thanks
Tbruz

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
jerryjo28,
Bolt holes aligned as well once I reversed the rear mounting bracket (from open side facing forward on the tahoe console to open side facing back for the denali console)
I replaced front block off plate at the blower diffuser(under dash) with the Denali specific one so that the air is directed around the new console rather than into it.
Still hoping that someone has the wiring info for the sub and amp(which I left installed).
Thanks
Tbruz

thanks alot man.... i am going to start keeping my eyes open for one after christmas. i love the look and the better cup holders

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a 285/70-17 just fine with no rubbing or no crank.

Got some heated mirrors and window rain guards off a Denali that was being parted out. Also got a spare fog light switch I'll sell if any one is interested. I color matched the mirrors and guards ..
10809603_689703231127475_1063859583_n.jpg

Where'd you get your bumper from? I'm trying to find one that isn't chrome so I can get some fog lights on mine.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tbruz View Post
jerryjo28,
Thanks
Tbruz
thanks alot man.... i am going to start keeping my eyes open for one after christmas. i love the look and the better cup holders

Check the for sale section here, I just listed a second grey console I had.
Tbruz

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbruz That sub is 1.4 ohms so you need to get a 1 ohm STABLE class d amp ( mono) my amp is a mtx 350 rms@1ohm there's no power rating for this sub so for me this 350w is powerful enough after I wired this sub up I took out my 2 12's ,2 500w kenwoods no more extra weight and nothing to see in back when parked.I
used the lp on amp I got it at 100hz.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
qukon 95,
Do you know if there is any way to use it with the stock denali/esky amp and the non bose stock radio?
Thanks,
Tbruz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88