What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joew311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed home to replace all my door speakers. I made a thread about this but got no replies so maybe I will do better in here. For those of you that have replaced the bose tweeters what all does that entail? Is it going to be a huge PITA?

I ran all my speaker wires up the passenger thresholds from the amps and came across under the dash. Then in the doors like @07Burb said you can just run to the miss then up to the tweets. I actually mounted my tweets in the sails so I didn't have to mess with the bose ones, and because it made wiring simpler. Someday I plan to make some magnetic grilles to make them blend a little better.

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leave the bose tweets alone and mount your new tweets above the new door speakers, behind the grill.

Hadn't thought about doing that. Any pictures of tweeters mounted this way on one of our trucks? Ended up taking the boat out this evening for some wakeboarding and surfing so the door speakers will go in either tomorrow or over the weekend. Got a 4x100w amp to power the new door speakers.

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hadn't thought about doing that. Any pictures of tweeters mounted this way on one of our trucks? Ended up taking the boat out this evening for some wakeboarding and surfing so the door speakers will go in either tomorrow or over the weekend. Got a 4x100w amp to power the new door speakers.
The bose ones are garbage but the location is actually pretty good for our trucks. The bummer is that there is no depth behind them so you have to build out. Easy enough to take the router out and cut out a disk and mount them too, but it is more dicking around.

Of course most car audio component sets have crap ass crossovers and there is surely some benefit from having the tweeter closer to the mid. I put some Scan Speak D2904's (because I had them otherwise would have gone large format tweet) in the stock bose locations and are running them active with a pair of miniDSP's. Most people crap at how much better this sounds than any car they've sat in...but that has way more to do with the installation than the equipment.

Deadening your doors, mounting your mids on a baffle, creating a barrier with MLV will go MUCH further than even replacing the stock bose stuff. It's amazing how crappy GM was with the mounting of the stock components :( Spending some time optimizing the install is WELL worth it.

As an example, I have a buddy with an Escalade as well. He asked me how I managed to make the stock sub have so much more bass. When I told him I removed it and have no sub anymore he was rather shocked. Subs are going in, but they will be in the back as my amp is now sitting where the stock sub was.

So personally, I'd take out the Bose tweets...but depending on what hardware you've chosen that may or may not be the best route.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

What do you surf behind? I've got a 23' LSV for those days!

Los

Reaction score
Today I washed my ladies. Although for some reason the only picture I took was pre-wash.

_20150721_202220_zpsurf3spil.jpg

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished de-badging. 3m eraser wheel saved my fingers!

I did find out that my autoride shocks are failing though. Maybe it's time to do the suspension work I've wanted. I still can't decide whether I want to do a 2.5/1 level and bigger tires or drop and 22's. Any suggestions?

20150829_074102_zpsjv2jdqnz.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts