What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kysrsze

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got any sound clips? I have the SLP and I'm interested to hear it with the Borla.

I had a buddy help me film the "before" with the stock exhaust and resonator. I will be doing an "after" video next week. I will be sure to post it in here once it's done. Unlike many of the videos that are done with cellphones or the crappy stock microphones on the camera we used a nice external mic to capture the true sounds.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Those 22s?

Yes, 22's.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy help me film the "before" with the stock exhaust and resonator. I will be doing an "after" video next week. I will be sure to post it in here once it's done. Unlike many of the videos that are done with cellphones or the crappy stock microphones on the camera we used a nice external mic to capture the true sounds.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Yes, 22's.
Good deal. Looking forward to it.

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I installed the Air Raid Jr., Weathertech mats and SLP Resonator delete. Coming soon, new American Outlaw Bandit 20in wheels and new LX20 Continental tires.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only takes me 10 minutes to get the bumper on / off. My retro is done just been too busy to post.

73049eacab55e64668c8131981645e29.jpg
cf9488743ae12422044cd38215e793c1.jpg

Very nice. I need to get mine done...

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Yes, 22's.

New tips look great. I can't decide on whether or not I wanna add the SLP delete kit, though. Everyone on here says they're a major PITA to keep looking good...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are terrible to up keep. Turns pretty much almost black after a few weeks. Had a tip just like the SLP tip on my 08 tahoe and 07 yukon and they pretty much were ruined after a very short time until I had enough time to scrub them down and polish it (which was close to never). It DOES look really good at first though.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that seems like a pain to have them look like shit most of the time and then to have to polish them just to get them shining again. Even though I don't perticularly care for the look of black exhaust tips, now I see why some guys go that route.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

And I'm so jealous of Ben's retrofit. I really need to get started on mine. I do quite a bit of night driving and would absolutely love the added benefits of projectors/HID's.

Ben, what temp bulbs are you running? 5k? They're perfect, IMO.

Last edited:

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine look pretty good most of the time. I use bar keepers friend and a wet sponge, wash it off and then spray it with some of that Armor All wheel protectant crap on them. It helps for a little while between washes.

Need to find something better than the wheel protectant, just haven't looked really hard.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd think the wheel protectant would quickly burn off due to heat. BTW, what's bar keepers friend?

ETA: Never mind. Saw that it's a cleaning product.

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on in a while but I got a wild hair to pull off the faded side moldings. Looks a little plain without it to me but I guess it's better. The doors are just so big and smooth without something to break it up.
20141026_175919_zpsue1vqmca.jpg
20141026_175928_zpshwuywsdf.jpg
20141026_184032_RichtoneHDR_zpssskctofj.jpg

ps the 3M adhesive eraser wheel is the best thing ever

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I forgot what I did to my Tahoe after seeing clean07burbs avator :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts