What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced my engine 2 years ago, I installed a new oil pressure sensor. Over the last month or so I noticed my oil pressure gauge was kinda showing low, and then the gauge would go to 0 and all the warnings would go off. Of course, I stopped to check for issues. I decided to change the oil / filter, and found no metal flakes nor did the engine make noise while this happened. It would go days with no issues, then it would happen again, showing no oil pressure while driving. Finally I got P0521 confirming I don't have an engine problem, but a faulty 2 year old sensor. I replaced it and all is good!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my foglight bulbs (Z71 5202 bulb) with these Auxito LED's.

Unit's are small and look well made. The fit is a little worrisome.
The clip connections don't quite click as the factory, feels kind of mushy. You can yank the bulb out by hand without pressing release tabs.
I removed the foglight housing to confirm the clips were fully inserted.

Brightness, way better! Still only the nearby light spread.
Color, way better! Makes my headlights look extra yellow...

Wish I could make my headlights the same color without glaring LED's..
I might consider a custom projector like some have done...
These work well in the fog reflector housing, not sure why they would be bad in the headlight reflector.

If they don't fall out on their own, and don't die an early death, then they are well worth the $30!

Also installed Auxito (red) tail bulbs. Very nice red color compared to my Sylvania Zevo's which were dim and pinkish (white bulbs).
Reverse lights have some wobble/play in socket, but are brighter.
Unlike the Sylvania's LED, which were so dim, you couldn't see anything in the rear view camera.

Last edited:

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my foglight bulbs with these Auxito LED's.. (5202 bulb?)

Unit's are small and look well made. The fit is a little worrisome.
The clip connections don't quite click as the factory, feels kind of mushy, so you can yank the bulb out by hand without pressing release tabs.
I removed the foglight housing to confirm the clips were fully inserted.

Brightness, way better! Still only the nearby light spread.
Color, way better! Makes my headlights look extra yellow...

Wish I could make my headlights same color without glaring LED's..
I might consider a custom projector like some have done...
These work well in the fog reflector housing, not sure why they would be bad in the headlight reflector.

If they don't fall out on their own, and don't die an early death, then they are well worth the $30!

Also installed Auxito tail bulbs. Good so far. Very nice red color compared to my Sylvania Zevo's which were dim and pinkish (white bulbs).
Reverse lights have some wobble play in socket, but are brighter.
Unlike Sylvania's, which were so much dimmer than stock, you couldn't see anything in the rear view camera.
They make the led fogs that are whole assembly too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240106_121916_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106_121916_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 4

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to do anything but, drive it home today :)
Not the greatest shots but, you get the idea. I'm very happy.

View attachment 148808

View attachment 148809
I'm kind of a dork for thinking about thing about this but man, I have had my Tahoe for over 10 years. Holy smokes.
It looked so good back then haha. I need to get some updated pics.

Last edited:

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now that you've mentioned it, I can see it now. From all those miles and years of driving possibly the springs on the ds are more tired then the ps.
On my Suburban the DS spring is stronger than the PS spring to compensate. Sort of. If you don't have any friends who can ride on the PS side for you, you could install one of these on the DS.
spacer.png

Runfor5

Reaction score
Replaced the valve cover gasket on driver's side this weekend. Easy job. Nasty smelling burnt oil on the inside of valve cover. I ripped 1 of my new cover bolt grommet however by seating the grommet in the valve cover first then trying to push the bolt through, so have to order a new set (only 8 in the package, Mahle brand ones) in order to do the passenger side. I had better success by putting the grommet on the bolt first and then pushing the entire assembly through into the valve cover. Ribbed-side of the new GM OEM gasket goes into the valve cover groove. Also be weary of all the brittle plastic wire loom so that it doesn't fall into your valvetrain while removing and re-installing the valve cover : )

Valve cover bolts torque to 106-inch lbs.

IMG_8322.jpg

IMG_8320.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts