What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the glossy wood so I started to work on covering it up with a vinyl wrap. Wasn’t sure what to use since I’m trying to get rid of fake wood and am not crazy with a fake carbon fiber all over either. This was a bit glossier than I was hoping but feel like it turned out pretty good. Now just got to get all the door switch bezels done.
I like that. The low sun angles this time of year blind the hell out of you on those glossy panels.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Gruvin power folding mirror rebuild kit on the passenger side yesterday due to a failed gear.

I put it back together with some areo grease/slide glide.

Oh boy did that side open and close fast!!

So it left me with the driver side that opened very noticeably slower... lol

Luckily i bought the kit for both sides!!

So today, i installed the driver side.
Went much quicker once i had done it before.

Now both sides open and fold very quickly!

Then i decided i wanted to wash and wax the tahoe before winter.

I also realized i had never waxed the roof before...

I have enough money in this turd where i want to get my money out of the fresh engine and transmission.

So i washed and used turtle wax on the sides, then rubbing compound on the roof and finished with a solid coat of wax.

That should help the snow slide off this winter!

I had a few rock chips in the usual spot, but the roof looked great for it's age.

I still have the lumbar gears for the passenger side to go in.

Otherwise the tahoe is doing well.
No more metal in the oil filter, plenty of power.

And the transmission i rebuilt last year is still doing great.

Next year I'm hoping for some boat hauling miles on her.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I also noticed my driver side headlight assembly appears to be loose on the bottom.

I never noticed that before, and i had just completed a restore on it a couple weeks ago, taping around the assembly and used a random orbital sander to remove the prior owners restore coating, and then cut down deeper than he did for a better restore.

Assuming i probably damaged it but didn't notice.

I'm hoping it's an easy fix, but if not i see factory style assembles on ebay going for under $100 for the pair.

Anyone have experience with those?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also noticed my driver side headlight assembly appears to be loose on the bottom.

I never noticed that before, and i had just completed a restore on it a couple weeks ago, taping around the assembly and used a random orbital sander to remove the prior owners restore coating, and then cut down deeper than he did for a better restore.

I'm hoping it's an easy fix, but if not i see factory style assembles on ebay going for under $100 for the pair.

I bought mine from Amazon for my Yukon XLs and they've been terrific. Mine are OEM clones for not much money and they've held up great through 3 Virginia summers so far on our 2012, which is parked outside much of the time.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Could just be a loose bolt. Pull the inner fender back and reach up in there and feel if it's loose or the tab is actually broken.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gassed up again.

With that new fuel pump and sending unit, I was filling up at around a quarter tank, and the thing was only taking 14 gallons
Just filled up at about an eighth of a tank and it still said I had around 31 mi to go until empty, and it only took 18 gallons
So I guess if I ran it all the way to empty now, I would still have around 4 gallons in the tank.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Could just be a loose bolt. Pull the inner fender back and reach up in there and feel if it's loose or the tab is actually broken.

Yeah, I need to check the front brake pads anyways.
I haven't replaced them yet, still running on the PO DIY brake job. :rolleyes:

Might as well pull the wheel, check brakes, remove liner, and see wtf.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Gassed up again.

With that new fuel pump and sending unit, I was filling up at around a quarter tank, and the thing was only taking 14 gallons
Just filled up at about an eighth of a tank and it still said I had around 31 mi to go until empty, and it only took 18 gallons
So I guess if I ran it all the way to empty now, I would still have around 4 gallons in the tank.
So today we forgot to get gas and then made a wrong turn. Display switched from 35 mile remaining to "Fuel Level Low". Drove around 20 more miles before getting gas and the needle was about 1/16" below E. Took 27.5 gallons to fill up and supposedly 31.5 gallon tank. So about 4 gallons remaining. I wonder how much of that is useable before we are on the side of the rode?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewey122

Latest posts