What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for building more pressure in the lines to evacuate those stupid charcoal pellets without blowing connections off? Should I still try a fill with the tank to canister line disconnected?

Also, when I blew out the purge line from the engine bay, I got pellets coming back out the same way.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Have you replaced the vent valve by the spare tire?

Those pellets can be a real challenge to get all of them out.

We used a rag wrapped around a blow gun attachment on a shop air hose to seal around the filler neck while putting pressure in the tank with the lines disconnected from the charcoal canister.

We also blew air from the purge solenoid on the engine back towards the canister, which it sounds like you have already done.

If you have someone to help you can have them hold their thumb/finger over the end of the hoses at the canister to completely or partially block off the flow to increase the pressure.

Persistence usually pays off.

I know this new forum "upgrade" is gonna be great but I can't figure out how to quote multiple posts. Before I could hit the "quote" buttons under each post I wanted to quote and then there was an option at the bottom of my post to "quote these messages" and I could chose which posts to add.

I can still hit the quote button under a post but can't figure out how to add them to my post. If I hit the " button it doesn't show me the posts I selected.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667