What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Good work Phil. Torque on those valve cover bolts is a measly 106 in lb or a bit over 8 ft lbs.
yeah...... about that. I hand tightened, used the house dewalt impact drill until it didn't move the bolts, then I used a wrench and tightened them maybe another quarter turn. They are snug, but nothing crazy at all. I was real careful with the impact drill as I didn't want to snap a bolt or crack the cover. That aluminum seemed cheap so I didn't want it too tight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...... about that. I hand tightened, used the house dewalt impact drill until it didn't move the bolts, then I used a wrench and tightened them maybe another quarter turn. They are snug, but nothing crazy at all. I was real careful with the impact drill as I didn't want to snap a bolt or crack the cover. That aluminum seemed cheap so I didn't want it too tight.

You’re actually lucky you didn’t break the bolts even with that impact even if it’s a cheap 1/4” one. They’re super long and skinny as you saw and they twist right off. I should have mentioned that before. 8 ft lbs isn’t any more than barely snug.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after trying to figure out my brake issue the front hub started making little noise today. Guess that could be the issue. Bought the moog hub and it lasted just over a year :confused:

Whats the better one thatll last more then a year atleast. delco, dorman or timkin?
I’ve put Timken SP500301 hubs on both of mine.
Same advice as last time, Timken, they were the OE supplier at one time, or still are.
Seems like everyone swears by timken here. @07Burb, recommendation? Didn't you replace your red one with timken?

Timken. [emoji16][emoji106]

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
You’re actually lucky you didn’t break the bolts even with that impact even if it’s a cheap 1/4” one. They’re super long and skinny as you saw and they twist right off. I should have mentioned that before. 8 ft lbs isn’t any more than barely snug.
Should I loosen them a bit or just let it go?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to borrow those spring clamps....lol. you can rent those from the parts store correct?

I have never seen a set that I can borrow from a auto parts store that I trust.

Here is what I got off of Amazon.
Shankly Spring Compressor Tool (2 Pieces) - Heavy Duty Build, Ultra Rugged Coil Spring Compressor, Strong and Durable Spring Compressor with Safety Gu https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DQJG24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_yUWAnYSdKGPRJ

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Just buy a set, the ones I got were about $12-15 for 2 pairs that were slightly different from each other. They don’t loan them afaik.
I have never seen a set that I can borrow from a auto parts store that I trust.

Here is what I got off of Amazon.
Shankly Spring Compressor Tool (2 Pieces) - Heavy Duty Build, Ultra Rugged Coil Spring Compressor, Strong and Durable Spring Compressor with Safety Gu https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DQJG24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_yUWAnYSdKGPRJ
Maybe I'll find someone to borrow them from, I just want to take the spacers out and drop the rear another inch. No need to buy them just to use them once

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais

Latest posts