What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the cam out, i see copper on the front cam bearing.

guess i'm yanking the engine for cam bearings? :(

Can you get us a clear pic of the copper you're seeing? The outer layer of lead on the bearings is VERY thin and quite often wears within a few hundred to a few thousand miles. I sometimes think that outer layer is more of a "break-in layer" to bridge the gap between relatively loose machining tolerances.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything I need to know before I go and try to stuff some 4x8 sheets in my truck for the first time? Plywood and drywall.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove daughter to day care. Glad my wife didn’t take the hoe to work cause of the snow. While driving I decided to use 4wd. Then it wouldn’t come out and said service 4wd system... Turned off at daycare, come back out after a few minutes fire up and switched to 2wd and is now working. I hoping the motor actuator was just stuck from not being used since maybe April when I pulled someone out. Anything you guys suggest I look into incase this situation arrives again? I’ll be researching YouTube videos later.
there are basically two things it could be
actuator on the front diff
encoder motor on the transfer case
a tech2 would read the stored dtc and that will tell which one goofed up

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed up the front end a little bit and swapped out the N-Fab light mount for one of the new Armodillo Bull Bars. It didn't come with a license plate mount and blocked it pretty good, so I bought one of the Westin mounts for it. Worked pretty good. I'm taking it to get painted gloss black along with the tow mirrors in a few weeks to church it up a bit. I'll list the parts and all that in my build thread.

PicsArt_12-16-06.04.04.jpg

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
Spent the day removing timing gear on crank. I have 2 pullers one to small and one 2 big. Went to parts store borrowed puller. Too big. Bought smaller puller but bigger than my small one. Scavenged parts off each other to make one. Fits but not enough clearance to set screw to push against. Went to parts store bought flat head 5/16 or bugle head screw. Fit flush with crank shaft where the balancer bolt goes. Pulled gear off while trying to keep the 1 cylinder tdc. Got the new gear on. Geez what a day. Tomorrow put crank back to tdc and yank/ install cam.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Can you get us a clear pic of the copper you're seeing? The outer layer of lead on the bearings is VERY thin and quite often wears within a few hundred to a few thousand miles. I sometimes think that outer layer is more of a "break-in layer" to bridge the gap between relatively loose machining tolerances.

cam bearing.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts