What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? I want one of those for mine. Sick of using a blanket.

I just don’t like how it looks, I guess, and where it sits height wise.

If the 3rd row seats are up, it sits right behind them in the rear mounting point which is fine but there isn’t much room to put anything very tall under it. To put it in the forward mounting position, the 3rd row seats need to be down flat or removed and there is a gap between the 2nd row seats and the cover.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don’t like how it looks, I guess, and where it sits height wise.

If the 3rd row seats are up, it sits right behind them in the rear mounting point which is fine but there isn’t much room to put anything very tall under it. To put it in the forward mounting position, the 3rd row seats need to be down flat or removed and there is a gap between the 2nd row seats and the cover.

How much of a gap? That is the Suburban right? I don't run the 3rd row seats. That area is for my boat and fishing gear and cooler. My mount looks pretty close to the 2nd row seat backs.

Also, do you think it affects the rear heat efficiency when it is deployed?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much of a gap? That is the Suburban right? I don't run the 3rd row seats. That area is for my boat and fishing gear and cooler. My mount looks pretty close to the 2nd row seat backs.

Also, do you think it affects the rear heat efficiency when it is deployed?

Yes, I have the XL/Suburban wheel base. The gap is about the thickness of the 3rd row seats folded up so 6-8”. If the mount was about 1/2” further back, it would fit with them in the vertical folded position. Can’t speak to the Tahoe mounting points.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the XL/Suburban wheel base. The gap is about the thickness of the 3rd row seats folded up so 6-8”. If the mount was about 1/2” further back, it would fit with them in the vertical folded position. Can’t speak to the Tahoe mounting points.

Ahh I see. :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, tinted factory with another layer of 5% static film. ;)
same as I have on all the back windows, you can't see nothing back there, I have some light tint on the front also so unless you stick your head up against the glass you cant really see if there even anyone sitting in the drivers seat from most angles.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same as I have on all the back windows, you can't see nothing back there, I have some light tint on the front also so unless you stick your head up against the glass you cant really see if there even anyone sitting in the drivers seat from most angles.

Yah! Just doing the 3 back windows super dark seems to have a huge effect on the whole vehicle overall. :) I live next to King of Prussia Mall and Norristown, lots of eyeball to the glass ******* criminals 'round here. That's why I still use a blanket for extra insurance, out of sight out of mind. Onto the next car with none of the above, leave my shit alone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019