What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? What did you say? Can't hear a thing with that Rustmaster! LOL

Nope, GMT800s do not use CAN bus. You can remove it or set to pass-thru on main menu.
rofl it sounds similar to the avy but it actually isn't near as loud and I think it is magnaflow its a shorty tho

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which reminds me, on my 2012 I had cleared any saved codes on my bcm so when I scan it there cleared and gone, yet when I took it to the dealer last time and they scanned it all the previous codes I had cleared out came up on there printout. I thought that was kind of weird.

Yeah, never heard of that. Wonder if they still reside in the truck somewhere or were transmitted to GM?

Reaction score
Nope, GMT800s do not use CAN bus. You can remove it or set to pass-thru on main menu.

So I wonder why it can't communicate when trying to get data from "Body" modules like DIC, Dash, HVAC

I've tried it both with engine off and running. It will flash the data screen real quick then say no communication, check OBD plug and ignition on/off

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wonder why it can't communicate when trying to get data from "Body" modules like DIC, Dash, HVAC

I've tried it both with engine off and running. It will flash the data screen real quick then say no communication, check OBD plug and ignition on/off

I've experienced this with our 2004 Pontiac Montana, never did figure it out. Weird.

Reaction score
I've experienced this with our 2004 Pontiac Montana, never did figure it out. Weird.
Damn, I was hoping to try to reset the HVAC actuators. The mode dial will click constantly when turned all the way to the left (counter clockwise) to the panel vent setting. If you turn it clockwise one click it stops. No big deal, it's just annoying though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH. You guys are just running without bump stops at all? Damn.
Did you actually read the post? Bump stops are added back in, in a different location. BTW just do a google search, the info is there too.
Edit: I didn’t read the post lol. Didn’t realize @iamdub didn’t install the pancake bump stops which is part of the free travel mod. DJM suspension has a good how-to. https://djmsuspension.com/free-travel-2/

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You’re probably in the wrong model or menu. Also keep in mind the NBS can’t access everything the NNBS do. But most of the time you get that message, you've either selected the wrong vehicle or that module isn’t in your vehicle, like trying to access the abs module on a non abs vehicle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

your using the wrong vin code, it's probably like mine is on the 03 it's one digit off, I had a similar problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts