What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well to continue from the previous cleaning. Finally got the wifey wagon ceramic coated and paint correction done.

a90b4c3d50336729ab0d5c75fc1771d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I think the switch modules have load-sensing circuitry that rely on feedback from the motors. A defective and/or sub-par aftermarket motor might draw more amperage than the OEM motor, triggering the "breaker" circuitry in the switch module.
I could hear a "tick" in the switch, but no movement. [emoji1745] Well, thankfully I got it fixed. Not but an hour later, it was a torrential downpour.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the switch with a brand new oem switch. Thoughts? Do these need reprogrammed at the stealership?

Those switches Phil need no programming but the main module on the driver and passenger side do need programming after replacement. I didn't know you were doing them too.

Alright, who lives nearby with a Tech-2 to help ole Phil out?

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random thought after sitting at a redlight earlier next to a new 2019 Sierra Denali...

Might be neat to use the center part of the fender emblem from the '19 truck for some of us NNBS 6.2 owners looking for a unique (but still technically OE) badge/emblem.

upload_2019-5-4_17-15-13.png

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Well heck. January I had the 6L80e Trans replaced. March I had the motor replaced and this week I had the rear end replaced. All at my dealer. Stating the obvious, yes it cost a few bucks but now I have 3/year/100k Mr Goodwrench coast to coast warranty. Why did I go this route? It's a retired SSV. Bought it with about 119k. My net cost on it after I sold my Envoy was 4 grand, so not too bad. When I bought the thing, I was thinking that I would have to replace the motor and trans replaced right off the bat. However, I drove it like a striped assed ape for almost the last 50k. So while I don't have a car payment, I have a vehicle with a brand new drive train and warranty. Feels good except for the cash outlay, lol. Just got my leather front seats in. I will be putting those in over the next month or so as I get the time. I plan on keeping my beloved Tahoe for another five ot six years.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
Random thought after sitting at a redlight earlier next to a new 2019 Sierra Denali...

Might be neat to use the center part of the fender emblem from the '19 truck for some of us NNBS 6.2 owners looking for a unique (but still technically OE) badge/emblem.

View attachment 222353
The part number for the Chevy 6.2L badge is 84192174. I’ve thought about buying one for my truck but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Drove it to church then stopped at the grocery store on the way home and low and behold.... another WDT Suburban with the same wheels as mine sitting in the parking lot...

rps20190505_163601_896.jpg
The other one is obviously an '09+... you can tell by the rear bumper.
rps20190505_163632_410.jpg
The other one also didn't have two hooks up front.

Wish I could have gotten some better pics but there was a big work van parked in the way.

It's hard to tell much of a difference in height until you see the wheel well gap out back... lol
rps20190505_163708_748.jpg

Also, before anyone has a chance to tell me I have a parking light out on the rear... it's just the way the camera pics up LEDs... they all work, I promise.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Drove it to church then stopped at the grocery store on the way home and low and behold.... another WDT Suburban with the same wheels as mine sitting in the parking lot...

View attachment 222426
The other one is obviously an '09+... you can tell by the rear bumper.
View attachment 222427
The other one also didn't have two hooks up front.

Wish I could have gotten some better pics but there was a big work van parked in the way.

It's hard to tell much of a difference in height until you see the wheel well gap out back... lol
View attachment 222428

Also, before anyone has a chance to tell me I have a parking light out on the rear... it's just the way the camera pics up LEDs... they all work, I promise.
Have you ever noticed how small your rear tire looks in the wheel well?