What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed the alternator...again

had the wildly varying voltage(12-15v) for ever, everyone said it was perfectly normal. got a quick blip on the instrument cluster to "service charging system" i went ahead and ordered a new oem replacement ac delco- dealer wanted 550+ for one.
the next day "service charging system" message was up about everytime i stopped so i grabbed a cheap duralast with "lifetime warranty" on thursday and put it in.
yesterday i noticed it would start off strong 14+ volts but after a few minutes of driving it would just settle around 12.6volts and stay there no matter how much load i put on the electrical system. other alternator came in yesterday and i went ahead and swapped it out this morning and returned the duralast, had all kinds of some black dust falling out of the case after i took it off. hopefully the ac delco will make it more than 3 days

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
changed the alternator...again

had the wildly varying voltage(12-15v) for ever, everyone said it was perfectly normal. got a quick blip on the instrument cluster to "service charging system" i went ahead and ordered a new oem replacement ac delco- dealer wanted 550+ for one.
the next day "service charging system" message was up about everytime i stopped so i grabbed a cheap duralast with "lifetime warranty" on thursday and put it in.
yesterday i noticed it would start off strong 14+ volts but after a few minutes of driving it would just settle around 12.6volts and stay there no matter how much load i put on the electrical system. other alternator came in yesterday and i went ahead and swapped it out this morning and returned the duralast, had all kinds of some black dust falling out of the case after i took it off. hopefully the ac delco will make it more than 3 days
have you had the battery tested?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i probably need to now, but it was replaced when i bought it a year ago.
dealership had to jump start it, tried to give me the ol its been sitting it just needs to run and charge up. told them that was great good luck with it replace the battery.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i probably need to now, but it was replaced when i bought it a year ago.
dealership had to jump start it, tried to give me the ol its been sitting it just needs to run and charge up. told them that was great good luck with it replace the battery.
I would just to be on the safe side, instead of being stuck somewhere

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back home from a 720 mile road trip over two days from DFW to Galveston, TX and back. My daughter is moving there this summer for medical school.

Four people, a fully loaded 5’x10’ Uhaul trailer going down and empty one coming back and highway cruising between 70-85mph all way and according to the DIC we got 13.8mpg and based on miles and amount of fuel used we got 13.6. Guess that’s okay...

Did same trip already on Monday with my Silverado (6x12 trailer and a couple hundred pounds stuff in the bed going down and both empty coming back).

I enjoy time behind the wheel and both NNBSs really fit me well, but right now I’m SO over that for a while. Uggghhh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700