What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
At least it being lowered will make this job that much easier on your back. Oh, wait a minute, it's currently lifted, yeah? :p

You gonna replace it with the upgraded design that helps with oil consumption?

LMAO, yes she is lifted again... I replaced the valve cover with the upgraded design and replaced both valce covers with Fel-Pro gaskets. It seems to have stopped my oil leak and hopefully my oil consumption issues as well :)

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a bull bar, preferably matte black? I just want a simple one, don't need lights or the rock/skid plate/guard. Thanks!

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, gentlemen... Riddle me this.

I bought a used Airaid 200-966 MIT for my wife’s Tahoe from a member at a GM truck site. Received it today and went to install it and the silicone couple on the MAF side is about an inch too short. Tried fitting it in various different ways, but to no avail.

I’ve read posts where people say that as long as you follow the instructions, it will fit just fine. There’s not much to install, so screw instructions! LOL!!!

I have one on my Silverado and didn’t have such issue, but on that the MAF is a separate piece of the ductwork whereas in the Tahoe the MAF is housed in the airbox lid.

What the hell am I missing...?

C8E59AC6-CE30-467E-AAF9-B6C41A50F6BD.jpeg 03970FC2-DA20-4A3C-A6F3-70334554DCAC.jpeg

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, gentlemen... Riddle me this.

I bought a used Airaid 200-966 MIT for my wife’s Tahoe from a member at a GM truck site. Received it today and went to install it and the silicone couple on the MAF side is about an inch too short. Tried fitting it in various different ways, but to no avail.

I’ve read posts where people say that as long as you follow the instructions, it will fit just fine. There’s not much to install, so screw instructions! LOL!!!

I have one on my Silverado and didn’t have such issue, but on that the MAF is a separate piece of the ductwork whereas in the Tahoe the MAF is housed in the airbox lid.

What the hell am I missing...?

View attachment 190248 View attachment 190249

Is the coupler shoved in too far on the other side?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if worse comes to worse just go by any hydraulic supply and buy a longer piece of rubber the same diameter, they carry all sizes

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I would have to go outside and lift the hood, which I am too lazy to do, but I don't remember my MAF being part of the air box like that. Mine is an '08 Suburban LTZ 5.3L LMG VIN 0.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the coupler shoved in too far on the other side?

Good point. Kinda doubt it, but I’ll to check tomorrow. Like kbuskill above, I’m too lazy to walk to the garage. LOL!

The MAF/airbox look the same in this pic and that Airaid seems to be fitting just fine. There has to be a simple explanation to this. Need to look at it again tomorrow with fresh set of eyes and brain.

28462-KY6QVKGB-01.jpg

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and aftermarket back up cam in the wifes Tahoe. now to decided if I want to change the diff fluid since I have a lot of it on hand????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n