What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this streamlight mounted in the back of my old nbs right above the rear charger, I just haven't put it in this one yet, keeps it charged 24/7, police hand flashlight

View attachment 189110

Haha nice, I had that one in my previous Tahoe but lost it when we moved from MA to NC.
We had them in our work trucks to, great lights.
I think that'll be my X-Mas present to myself this year :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the model number of that light
streamlight stinger, they come with a wall charger or a car charger and the clip on charging base mount has 2 holes for wall mounting or in this case I will mount it to the top of the rear heater compartment passenger side right by the rear charging port, it stays on the charger even if you drive like a idiot like me.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Streamlight FTW

If you're gonna hit up the salvage yards for an OEM hood light, might I suggest getting one from an OBS? The light was a pod that was removable and magnetic and it had enough cord to reach the back. It mounted on the firewall closer to the passenger side, which you conveniently have a battery located right there on your NNBS. Wire up one of those and pop in a nice LED bulb.

For normal under-hood light functions, I'd suggest LED strips controlled by a pin switch or tilt switch (like what's used in the NBS OEM hood lights). A member here used the LED strips and posted pics. Dude could change his spark plugs in a total blackout if he wanted to.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Streamlight FTW

If you're gonna hit up the salvage yards for an OEM hood light, might I suggest getting one from an OBS? The light was a pod that was removable and magnetic and it had enough cord to reach the back. It mounted on the firewall closer to the passenger side, which you conveniently have a battery located right there on your NNBS. Wire up one of those and pop in a nice LED bulb.

For normal under-hood light functions, I'd suggest LED strips controlled by a pin switch or tilt switch (like what's used in the NBS OEM hood lights). A member here used the LED strips and posted pics. Dude could change his spark plugs in a total blackout if he wanted to.

Mr. Suggestions today......;)

I keep my mag next to my drivers seat along side console and seat track... futs perfect and makes no noise. I even had ohshit stop and it stayed put... only moves when da wife moves the seat up and i havevto move it back.... and then all i have to do is push it right back.

Same spot in my onda...;)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you do to keep your batteries up:) Do you test them often to make sure they're still good

I replaced my flashlight with one of these. Suckers bright and can be set in a few different positions.
It would be nice to have something readily available tucked under the hood somewhere like they used to.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Might-D-Li...MI-Ozx-_6Z2AIVHUsNCh3pPAGlEAQYAyABEgLxufD_BwE

I do turn it on often to be honest, same batteries in as when i swapped my old one for the led mag about 4 years ago.. still running strong..i guess I should crack it open and make sure there’s no batt leakage... kinda why I swapped to the led mag lite.....lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm that's a interesting thought, I do have some led strips I was going to use for something else but they wont really work for what I intended, so I may put those on the inside of the hood and then wire them up to come on when the factory hood latch is opened since there is a electrical switch there already. (the one that indicates the hood is open in the DIC) I can see the harness right behind the grill just have to figure out a relay, I already have some new waterproof ones on the way from china probably wont see them till next year though.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally programmed a second key fob! No more worries about the batteries in the first dying.

I bought a genuine OEM key fob from the dealer for $80. The OEM fob is definitely a good deal for the quality.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same thing on my Tahoe. Would the harness be in the same location on the Tahoe?
should be the same place for all nnbs, if you pop your hood and look at the latch there is a wire harness coming out the bottom right hand corner and then leading over towards driver side, one of those wires is going to be a trigger that can be ran to a relay. you don't want to try to run power from that harness that's probably not a good idea, just tap it for a trigger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts