What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a lighter, more successful note, I got my drive shaft part number, called Fort Wayne Clutch, and ordered a new slip yoke, as I have been experiencing the stop / start clunk as long as I can remember. I thought is was a bad caliper or something, but TAHOE YUKON FORUM to the rescue once again!

View attachment 194725 View attachment 194726

So... describe this issue to me. It may be the same one I've noticed but I didn't know there was a fix for it.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... describe this issue to me. It may be the same one I've noticed but I didn't know there was a fix for it.
Sometimes when you come to a stop, particularly on a harder than normal brake, when you come off the brake to proceed, you hear and feel a clunk, as if something was being held and was released when you came off the brakes. There are several threads on the issue. Search 'slip yoke'.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when you come to a stop, particularly on a harder than normal brake, when you come off the brake to proceed, you hear and feel a clunk, as if something was being held and was released when you came off the brakes. There are several threads on the issue. Search 'slip yoke'.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

10-4, that is what it sounded like and it's what I've noticed to. I guess I have enough problems where that never felt like the one I should tackle next.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 194722

3 Screws later, the switch was in.

I plugged in the wire hookups in the right locations, put it all back together, started the truck, and BAM! Nothing. Nothing worked on the switch. Wouldn't move the mirrors, wouldn't adjust the mirrors, and would only let down the driver side window.

That SUCKED.

So I started Tshoot. Checked window switches on each door. They worked. Crap. Bad new switch, i thought. I unhooked the wire harness from the new switch, and plugged them into the original switch. WORKED, including the blinkers on the mirrors! Bad new switch! So, I installed the original switch back in the door panel, put the door panel back on, and boxed up the new switch for return.

Then I said, let me go look on the manufacturer website to see if I missed anything (no instructions included with the switch):

Yeah, so adding power mirror functionality is NOT a plug and play evolution.

EPILOGUE: I slapped the new switch back in the truck this morning. A trip to the dealer and $95 later, I HAVE FOLDING MIRRORS!!!
IMG_20180315_181342.jpg IMG_20180315_181351.jpg

I'm now waiting on my chrome covers, and I'll be 100%. Yay me!

Yukonjoe2001

Reaction score
I dedicated a lot of time to some mods on my Tahoe this weekend. I replaced my low beam halogen lights with one of HID Guy's kits, plasti dipped my chrome surround on my grille, tried to repaint my front bowtie (FAIL!), replaced my interior lights with LEDs, installed my holster under my steering column, and replaced a seatbelt latch on the driver's seat. Now I'm waiting on my rear door actuators to come in as well as the billet bowties I ordered. As soon as they get here I'll get to installing them too. Long weekend but I got it done. What did you do to your Tahoe/Yukon?
I worked on my parts truck today,picking up a wrecked 01 Tahoe minus trans and interior. I got interior out for the guy in 2.5 hours and bringing the rest home sunday. Couldn't beat the price for $400,with new tires and a good running 5.3

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 194722

3 Screws later, the switch was in.

I plugged in the wire hookups in the right locations, put it all back together, started the truck, and BAM! Nothing. Nothing worked on the switch. Wouldn't move the mirrors, wouldn't adjust the mirrors, and would only let down the driver side window.

That SUCKED.

So I started Tshoot. Checked window switches on each door. They worked. Crap. Bad new switch, i thought. I unhooked the wire harness from the new switch, and plugged them into the original switch. WORKED, including the blinkers on the mirrors! Bad new switch! So, I installed the original switch back in the door panel, put the door panel back on, and boxed up the new switch for return.

Then I said, let me go look on the manufacturer website to see if I missed anything (no instructions included with the switch):

View attachment 194723
View attachment 194724

Yeah, so adding power mirror functionality is NOT a plug and play evolution.
You need a USED switch that is already programmed. If you buy a NEW switch, it needs to be programmed. You also need a USED programmed PS switch to control the PS fold function.

Edit: nevermind. You figured it out, lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts