What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing exciting. Just finally bought a spare wheel/tire. Probably just guaranteed myself to get a flat.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the Tahoe ready for a road trip. The brakes buck and pulsate and I get vibes at 65MPH that get exponentially worse with speed. Vibes aggravate me and I don't want the girls to get car sick from 10+ hours of jittering. I could have just had the rotors turned but I have that "may as well" mentality. I had cryogenically-tempered Power Slots and Hawk pads on my S10 since 2004 and never once had brake fade or shaking no matter how hard I was on them. (Yes, I'm avoiding using the term "warped rotors" because it's incorrect). So, the Tahoe got the same treatment with Stop Tech slotted cryo rotors and Hawk LTS pads. I had the wheels/tires rebalanced at Sam's club for $3.88 each :waytogo:. It was 500 miles from being due for an oil change and rotation, so that was done as well. I went with the longer Wix filter and Pennzoil Platinum this time. It actually seems to idle more smoothly now.

I bled out all the old brake fluid instead of just a basic bleeding. I even cycled the key multiple times while pumping to activate the ABS solenoids. I got to the last corner (front left) and the pedal suddenly started feeling differently. It wouldn't firm up and the air bubbles never subsided. After fighting with it and researching similar issues for about 2 hours (to no avail), I hauled ass to O'Reily to get a new master cylinder. I suspected this was the culprit because the back seemed to bleed just fine but the front wouldn't. That got everything acting right again. I torqued on the wheels (80 then 140ft-lbs) and went for a test drive/brake bedding. I'd say the vibes are at least 90% gone (hard to tell on our dipped and wavy roads). They're now much less at 80MPH than they originally were at 65MPH, so I'm very satisfied. The brakes have notably more bite but the pedal travel feels about the same as before. My next phase of brake upgrades will be the same parts for the rear, stainless braided hoses all around and I'll have a dealership bleed them with their TechII to ensure the ABS/traction control modules are clear of air.

9CEE9C96-D960-44A2-BBC6-7CE49FD565CA_zps9m4lls2n.jpg

07LTZJNAK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought it yesterday (surprise gift for wifey but she's out of town won't see it until I take it to her for Christmas), got it fully detailed today and replaced the stoplight switch, now cruise control works (one of 2 squawks when I bought it, other is passenger side powerfold mirror - will order set of the improved gears tomorrow).

Before she sees it I am going to do LED interior light upgrade, probably replace the OEM GPS/NAV Radio with a new head unit (likely the Rosen CS-GM1210), and replace interior door handles (infamous peeling plastic/chrome).

Sounds like a long list but this is a nice truck, I really like it and am sure she's gonna love it.

JKTahoe1.jpg

dktrpepr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not today but yesterday I had the Black Widow Venom 250 installed on my '09 Tahoe LTZ. Absolutely awesome! No cabin drone as noted by the wife and kiddo but VERY throaty when on the throttle and start up's get noticed. See vid below for cold start up this morning.

Also just cleaned the MAF this afternoon and will post separate step by step of that cleaning. Word on the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club site is they are seeing 2-4 MPG increase so I figured why not.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Getting the Tahoe ready for a road trip. The brakes buck and pulsate and I get vibes at 65MPH that get exponentially worse with speed. Vibes aggravate me and I don't want the girls to get car sick from 10+ hours of jittering. I could have just had the rotors turned but I have that "may as well" mentality. I had cryogenically-tempered Power Slots and Hawk pads on my S10 since 2004 and never once had brake fade or shaking no matter how hard I was on them. (Yes, I'm avoiding using the term "warped rotors" because it's incorrect). So, the Tahoe got the same treatment with Stop Tech slotted cryo rotors and Hawk LTS pads. I had the wheels/tires rebalanced at Sam's club for $3.88 each :waytogo:. It was 500 miles from being due for an oil change and rotation, so that was done as well. I went with the longer Wix filter and Pennzoil Platinum this time. It actually seems to idle more smoothly now.

I bled out all the old brake fluid instead of just a basic bleeding. I even cycled the key multiple times while pumping to activate the ABS solenoids. I got to the last corner (front left) and the pedal suddenly started feeling differently. It wouldn't firm up and the air bubbles never subsided. After fighting with it and researching similar issues for about 2 hours (to no avail), I hauled ass to O'Reily to get a new master cylinder. I suspected this was the culprit because the back seemed to bleed just fine but the front wouldn't. That got everything acting right again. I torqued on the wheels (80 then 140ft-lbs) and went for a test drive/brake bedding. I'd say the vibes are at least 90% gone (hard to tell on our dipped and wavy roads). They're now much less at 80MPH than they originally were at 65MPH, so I'm very satisfied. The brakes have notably more bite but the pedal travel feels about the same as before. My next phase of brake upgrades will be the same parts for the rear, stainless braided hoses all around and I'll have a dealership bleed them with their TechII to ensure the ABS/traction control modules are clear of air.

9CEE9C96-D960-44A2-BBC6-7CE49FD565CA_zps9m4lls2n.jpg

Biter lol

IMG_8042.JPG

07LTZJNAK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not today but yesterday, ordered new drivers side exterior door handle (won't seat properly on release), all 4 interior door handles (minor chrome peeling on the originals), LED interior light kit, HVAC button repair decal kit, rear radio control knob, 2 replacement 12V receptacle covers, and new Rosen CS-1210GM head unit.

This morning was finally cool enough to use the rear window defroster, saw 2 lines need the paint treatment but otherwise functional.

I know what I am doing over TurkeyDay - can't wait for Brown Santa to show up at the office tomorrow with my boxes of toys!

For the Rosen I am planning to try and wire a USB Power/Data receptacle into the passenger side 12V spot to allow a corded AUX in addition to the BT function - also need to come up with a cell-phone mounting scheme for Wifey.

Wifey is going to be so surprised when she sees it in 4 weeks!!

BTW, driving this around I really like it, nice mix of Luxe, functionality and power - really nice truck.

JK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsu31