What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP!

Who knows how to get this out? This is the other end of the PCV Valve on the intake manifold. I was following the Moroso catch can directions to twist towards the front and lift up and *Snap *.

So needless to say, the dam truck wnt run and i cant finish my catch can install.

View attachment 65138

06e3af050ef667a471c48bbfd40bd1c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I

Is there enough plastic left to screw one of these into the broken hole?

mT79mVJWe1oH-61kGw6WP5w.jpg

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already gorilla glued. I wish I would have thought of that before I GG'd it.

Dayum.

But I think that plastic would have been to thin. Its not a lot to it. If it doesn't hold, it will get a dab of silicone or something to make due. I dont have the time to spend 6 hrs replacing the manifold, so it may just have to go to the dealership. I may see if my warranty covers it.

3093999a8b58fe54e8ef83de7e1d2585.jpg

Last edited:

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to replace the intake manifold? The PCV valve just doesn't pop out or unscrew? Autozone sells a bunch of replacement PCV valves in the HELP! section.
I don't understand why you were twisting and trying the remove the PCV in the first place. There's no need to remove it to install the catch can. I just pulled the hose straight off mine and slipped the new hose right on and hose clamped.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably was stuck from age. Mine's an '08 with 148K and the rubber hose was pretty ******* that nipple. I worked on it for a few seconds but didn't want to do what the OP did. I used a razor knife to cut a slit lengthwise down the hose and peeled it off the nipple.

I've never had much luck with any of the Gorilla glues. If it fails, remove whatever of the Gorilla glue you can get off and use a gas/oil resistant epoxy like this:

285575.jpg

I glued a plastic EVAP fitting to a steel fuel tank (custom tank conversion) with this and never once had an issue. If it even had a small leak, I would've gotten a P0420 code.

You can see the tan colored EVAP fitting under the hose with the foam insulation at the rear left corner of the tank:

893_zpskf5iw1k8.jpg

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the passenger side folding mirror gear done this morning. I had a much easier time with this one. Both mirrors fold flawlessly now. Another thing crossed off the list!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced a/c compressor belt and serpentine belt.
A/C belt is a little tricky to access & install, but serpentine is easy.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced a/c compressor belt and serpentine belt.
A/C belt is a little tricky to access & install, but serpentine is easy.

Be glad you don't have an '09+. The A/C belt doesn't have a tensioner. It's a special stretch-fit belt that requires a special tool to install it. Total PITA. I learned all of this on my 2013 Express work van, 4.5 hours from home. Because of this one UNNECESSARY re-invention of the wheel, I went without A/C for two days and suffered nerve damage in my finger from trying to get the belt on while parked in an auto parts store parking lot. Had they left it alone and focused their engineering efforts elsewhere (anywhere- such as the PCV system, the transmission tuning, etc.), a simple belt replacement could still be done by any DIY-er with basic hand tools, at home or on the side of the road.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be glad you don't have an '09+. The A/C belt doesn't have a tensioner. It's a special stretch-fit belt that requires a special tool to install it. Total PITA. I learned all of this on my 2013 Express work van, 4.5 hours from home. Because of this one UNNECESSARY re-invention of the wheel, I went without A/C for two days and suffered nerve damage in my finger from trying to get the belt on while parked in an auto parts store parking lot. Had they left it alone and focused their engineering efforts elsewhere (anywhere- such as the PCV system, the transmission tuning, etc.), a simple belt replacement could still be done by any DIY-er with basic hand tools, at home or on the side of the road.

I hear you, brother.
Hard to understand why GM would re-engineer this particular component and why they would make it so very much more difficult.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already gorilla glued. I wish I would have thought of that before I GG'd it.

Dayum.

But I think that plastic would have been to thin. Its not a lot to it. If it doesn't hold, it will get a dab of silicone or something to make due. I dont have the time to spend 6 hrs replacing the manifold, so it may just have to go to the dealership. I may see if my warranty covers it.

3093999a8b58fe54e8ef83de7e1d2585.jpg

6 hours? Shouldn't take more than hour to r&r.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON