What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My rubbers that surround the hinges are cracked, but I'm not spending $70 to replace each of them.

I did get a box of these Cerakote brand plastic trim wipes to use on the plastic cowl piece and the plastic tops of the running boards. They work well. Applied it last year sometime, can't remember exactly when, but it's held up well.

CERAKOTE Ceramic Trim Coat Kit | Plastic Restorer & Hydrophobic Trim Coating | Black Plastic Restorer for Cars | Automotive Black Trim Restorer | Easy to Use Ceramic Car Detailing Trim Kit - 8 fl oz https://a.co/d/6NqZoaJ

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how does it look with them completely removed? I mean they don't really seem to be doing anything but rotting away haha.

if they can be cleanly removed and the plastic made to look nicer, might be the trick.

I can take a pic if I remember.

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
If I remember right, there is a pretty big gap without the rubber pieces in there.
I would rather have them in there then not have them there.
They would keep out leaves and other junk from falling back in there and needing to get pulled out.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I remember right, there is a pretty big gap without the rubber pieces in there.
I would rather have them in there then not have them there.
They would keep out leaves and other junk from falling back in there and needing to get pulled out.
Yes there is. Fortunately my ditch light brackets draw your attention away from that.

IMG_0910.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed that pre cut tint. They were cut to fit very well. I highly recommend. Only bump on the road was the brow tint didn’t have the mirror mount cut out so I had to trim that part.

IMG_6613.jpegIMG_6614.jpegIMG_6615.jpegIMG_6616.jpegIMG_6617.jpeg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
precut tint, I didn't even know that was a thing. looks good.

without the rubber doesn't look to bad. my rubber is pretty ugly haha.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
precut tint, I didn't even know that was a thing. looks good.

without the rubber doesn't look to bad. my rubber is pretty ugly haha.
now that I think about it a person could probably cut a piece of rubber out or some other flexible material and glue it on to the bottom of the end cap and it would probably be just fine. wouldn't be like oem but it should work
if the rubber was thick enough a dremel could be used to make it flush.
I figured by now there would be some kind of re-pop on the market but nothing yet

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo