What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down8

Reaction score
As I am building up my "carry kit," I have been thinking of sticking a slime/repair kit & inflator in it, and dropping the weight of the spare - along with the need/desire to match the size of wheels/tires. Maybe once I do the 19+ upgrade....

-bZj

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I am building up my "carry kit," I have been thinking of sticking a slime/repair kit & inflator in it, and dropping the weight of the spare - along with the need/desire to match the size of wheels/tires. Maybe once I do the 19+ upgrade....

-bZj

That's funny, I literally just got home from AutoZone, where I bought a 4-pack of valve-stem cores and a tool to change them out.

And went through the car wash.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I just make sure the spare is properly inflated and the hoist is lubed and operating.

Jacking up and changing a tire on the side of the highway, in the rain, at night is bad enough. Trying to find the puncture and plug it on the side of the highway would suck, and hope the flat is repairable with a plug kit. If the sidewall blows then what? A 50lb spare tire to swap starts looking like a good idea

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the new Timken left front wheel hub I received last week from Rock Auto, in the '07. Had to work outside in the cold because the LR2 project is still in the garage. Took pics of the old hub but for whatever reason didn't get any pics of the new one. SMH. Anyway, while I was in there I found that the brake rotor is wearing oddly on the inboard side, with entire sections of the rotor apparently not being touched by the pads. Yet, the inboard pad was evenly worn, and about half the thickness of the outboard pad now. I shoulda grabbed a pic of it, but it looks like new calipers, rotors and pads are in my future.

1701305807253.png
1701305836326.png

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the new Timken left front wheel hub I received last week from Rock Auto, in the '07. Had to work outside in the cold because the LR2 project is still in the garage. Took pics of the old hub but for whatever reason didn't get any pics of the new one. SMH. Anyway, while I was in there I found that the brake rotor is wearing oddly on the inboard side, with entire sections of the rotor apparently not being touched by the pads. Yet, the inboard pad was evenly worn, and about half the thickness of the outboard pad now. I shoulda grabbed a pic of it, but it looks like new calipers, rotors and pads are in my future.

View attachment 415342
View attachment 415343
What size is the nut on the end of the shaft. 37 or 38 mm? I've seen both numbers used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telderjr05