What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I literally just unboxed mine (screw work...) and Saw the cuts in my Champion Radiator. I looked over the box for damage, and assumed that they were manufacturing defects, or some shmuck with a bandsaw messing with Americans.

View attachment 363995
View attachment 363996
View attachment 363997

So this is normal? There is no manual or cool sticker in the box with my new radiator.

As long as the cuts are on the bottom, it's normal.
Something about heat expansion or some nonsense.

Cold case has it also.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting to get mine back. 9 days and counting. Bare ass hanging up in the air on some hydraulic lift. Oil all drained out of the upper end of the motor into the pan. Battery missing it’s daily charge. All the moving parts and fluids sitting dormant. Collecting shop smell and dust etc. So depressing. My angel, my home away from home. Away from my home. :( :( :( I miss my baby so much. :(
Soon buddy, soon. ANNND she'll have a new rear end to toy with;)

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the cuts are on the bottom, it's normal.
Something about heat expansion or some nonsense.

Cold case has it also.

There is a cut on the top, toward one side. There is also a cut on the bottom, other end, but same distance from end-tank as top cut.

I'm still waiting on a reply from the vendor, for a reply to their question to the manufacturer.

I'm luckily not in imminent need of a new radiator, and still gathering other replacement parts.

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
There is a cut on the top, toward one side. There is also a cut on the bottom, other end, but same distance from end-tank as top cut.

I'm still waiting on a reply from the vendor, for a reply to their question to the manufacturer.

I'm luckily not in imminent need of a new radiator, and still gathering other replacement parts.

In my mind, that cut on the top and bottom makes more sense assuming I'm right about the reason for them.

I think if my other radiator had those, the radiator would lay flat.
I bet they had a bunch of returns due to the radiator looking twisted due to manufacturing processes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilbert two