What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found an overhead console with garage door controls built in for a reasonable price (not the assinine pricing others are trying to get *above $125**) and installed. Easy Peasey! I also found the cable for the auto dim mirror (fingers crossed) up there so well be on the prowl for that next. The SSV is slowing getting civilized and not the hot mess we find them in. :D

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the things I'm imparting to our kids is how to keep an older car running reliably and bank the money they save.
That should be an absolute must these days. It seems like 3/4 of the younger generation has no clue what’s going on, no drive to work, and expects free handouts for the rest of their lives.
I wouldn’t be throwing around the idea of that potential purchase if I didn’t already have my ducks in a couple different rows providing security around our nest egg. I was never one to live on “borrowed money”. That’s not to say that the wife and I don’t have good credit or CC to use in a pinch if need be (outside of using them for rewards points), but I wouldn’t use them or take out a frivolous loan for something like that.

Our motorhome was twice the cost of what the Denali will be, which was one of two aces I held when I originally had this discussion with the misses. The other being that we spent that much on the horse I bought her plus the cost of one years worth of training and vet bills. Since I don’t ever do much for myself and since the purchase will be made from extra assets in our checking account it won’t be detrimental to our retirement. And since you can’t take it with you, why not enjoy it while we still can?

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our motorhome was twice the cost of what the Denali will be, which was one of two aces I held when I originally had this discussion with the misses. The other being that we spent that much on the horse I bought her plus the cost of one years worth of training and vet bills. Since I don’t ever do much for myself and since the purchase will be made from extra assets in our checking account it won’t be detrimental to our retirement. And since you can’t take it with you, why not enjoy it while we still can?
Sounds like a rock-solid bargaining position to me!

When Cadillac announced the CT5V Blackwing was available to order in 2021 (the one with the V8), I went to my wife with a copy of Car and Driver and said "I WANT THIS CAR!!!" She said, "I think you should go buy it." Bless her.

But in my case, all I had to do was run the numbers of what it would really cost us vs. how much I would really gain from enjoying it. To do that required me to reflect on every other time I made an impulse buy for a car I was drooling over (new BMW, new Land Rovers, etc) versus how much I'd actually enjoyed them, and that was enough. I put my checkbook away. :)

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some radiator advice. At 152k, it looks to be the original rad. I’ve been suspicious of a small leak. Did a pressure test at 15psi (overflow tank cap says 20psi) and it appears to be leaking at the driver side. Are these prone to leak here? I drove it approx 10 miles round trip and didn’t experience a large coolant loss. Just trying to figure out if I’m shopping for a radiator@swathdiver

Attachments

• 0D78D2AE-FED0-41E0-89C9-F848CAC2378F.jpeg
    0D78D2AE-FED0-41E0-89C9-F848CAC2378F.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 6

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need some radiator advice. At 152k, it looks to be the original rad. I’ve been suspicious of a small leak. Did a pressure test at 15psi (overflow tank cap says 20psi) and it appears to be leaking at the driver side. Are these prone to leak here? I drove it approx 10 miles round trip and didn’t experience a large coolant loss. Just trying to figure out if I’m shopping for a radiator@swathdiver
Yup, they sure are. Looks to me like it's time for a new one. Go OEM unless you tow a heavy trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilbert two