What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They cut braided stainless steel hoses clean as a whistle. I used them at work to cut 1/4” thick plastic shims. They cut those clean too. Pretty sure those ones you show would fray the line, not cut clean. They need to be razor sharp like the utility cutters. Just make sure the blade is new. You’d be amazed what they’ll cut.
Don't put your d*ck in there

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I completely forgot most of you have to undergo a safety inspection. Something I’ve never had to deal with.
Let me also say, in the high pollution counties the emissions test is enhanced. In most counties it’s a visual check to ensure it’s in place and no CEL.

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just had that enhanced emissions test requirement lifted. Took a couple of years to prove to EPA that the air quality (ozone level? - can't remember which) in Chattanooga is within limits again. That with 50 millionbazillion trucks pulling the ridge cut pass on I-24 everyday because we still don't have a bypass around the city yet.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just had that enhanced emissions test requirement lifted. Took a couple of years to prove to EPA that the air quality (ozone level? - can't remember which) in Chattanooga is within limits again. That with 50 millionbazillion trucks pulling the ridge cut pass on I-24 everyday because we still don't have a bypass around the city yet.
Lol. We have I-5, one of 2 N-S interstates, running right through downtown, and it bottlenecks to 2 lanes in places. It’s a zillion years old and nobody can agree on how to widen it. Plus it has some dangerous 50- mph curves right as it cuts through the hills just before hitting downtown that seems to cause semis to roll over on a regular basis. Then it gets to the Columbia river as it crosses into Washington and that bridge is a zillion years old and nobody can agree on what to replace it with either. So traffic just sits on the freeway all the way through our city for most of the day. Cough cough. Glad I’m not near it.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. We have I-5, one of 2 N-S interstates, running right through downtown, and it bottlenecks to 2 lanes in places. It’s a zillion years old and nobody can agree on how to widen it. Plus it has some dangerous 50- mph curves right as it cuts through the hills just before hitting downtown that seems to cause semis to roll over on a regular basis. Then it gets to the Columbia river as it crosses into Washington and that bridge is a zillion years old and nobody can agree on what to replace it with either. So traffic just sits on the freeway all the way through our city for most of the day. Cough cough. Glad I’m not near it.
Gotta love nimbyism.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love nimbyism.
Yup. We actually spent years and hundreds of millions of dollars preparing for a new interstate bridge for I-5, had like 3 different versions of plans, did the environmental studies etc but everybody in Oregon wanted light rail included because half the population of Vancouver WA, right on the other side of the river, commute to Portland to work and shop. No sales tax here, and no state income tax there. So they live over there to skip taxes and clog the freeway to work over here. But WA didn’t want to spend any money for light rail so it all ended up in a stalemate and they took too long so the federal funds went away. So did the bridge plans, it was all a waste of money. Now they’re trying to start things rolling again because traffic on that bridge is so bad plus it’s in terrible shape.

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know your pain. We have I-59 and I-24 coming into town from the west and I-75 through the city from the south and north. We're listed in the top ten traffic bottlenecks in the country by the feds and the trucking companies.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. We actually spent years and hundreds of millions of dollars preparing for a new interstate bridge for I-5, had like 3 different versions of plans, did the environmental studies etc but everybody in Oregon wanted light rail included because half the population of Vancouver WA, right on the other side of the river, commute to Portland to work and shop. No sales tax here, and no state income tax there. So they live over there to skip taxes and clog the freeway to work over here. But WA didn’t want to spend any money for light rail so it all ended up in a stalemate and they took too long so the federal funds went away. So did the bridge plans, it was all a waste of money. Now they’re trying to start things rolling again because traffic on that bridge is so bad plus it’s in terrible shape.
They just finished a new bridge for I-74 across the Mississippi about a month ago. Replaced a 1930’s span and an identical one from the 1960’s. Went from 2 lanes each direction to 4 lanes in each direction. They had been talking about it for a long time and finally got funds approved and started construction in 2019. It was about 2 years of chaos for those that crossed between Iowa and Illinois but it definitely is an improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmoade