What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black LC have no cut.

You correcting or waxing?

I should have figured this out by now. Today was my second time using the DA on this truck (second time using a DA on anything). When I first bought the truck I started with the fine cut compound and was like "crap, this ain't cutting enough." so I went and got the medium cut compound. Didn't make much difference, now I know why :)

I used to work at a detail shop back in high school. I got pretty good with the Milwaukee rotary buffer. The old man's got one of those too. Its been a while since I've used one so I'm a bit scared of it, especially with black paint, but I may have to on that old pinstripe scar. That, or I start doing research on how to wet sand...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:happy175:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gebesaqa.jpg

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lee...wtf...this is a car thread, not a **** thread...

lol

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I should have figured this out by now. Today was my second time using the DA on this truck (second time using a DA on anything). When I first bought the truck I started with the fine cut compound and was like "crap, this ain't cutting enough." so I went and got the medium cut compound. Didn't make much difference, now I know why :)

I used to work at a detail shop back in high school. I got pretty good with the Milwaukee rotary buffer. The old man's got one of those too. Its been a while since I've used one so I'm a bit scared of it, especially with black paint, but I may have to on that old pinstripe scar. That, or I start doing research on how to wet sand...

Honestly you just need more pads.

Most all detailing products are overhyped. Most all these detailing product companies use one factory to have their products made with product variation. Different colors and smells. Etc The rest is packaging and hype.

Really big name companies such and megiuars really do have their own r and d labs etc.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You welcome.

Ammo NYC has some of the best videos. :)

You weren't kidding, his videos are all very detailed.

Looks like I'll be buying a DA polisher in the very near future. Any recommendations on which one to get?

Thanks again

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You weren't kidding, his videos are all very detailed.

Looks like I'll be buying a DA polisher in the very near future. Any recommendations on which one to get?

Thanks again

Beginner recommendations are PC7424XP and Griots Garage 6 inch.

I have a GG6. Lifetime warranty.

Other one increase in cost. Rupes 21, Flex 3401 VRG etc.

Thing about the flex is that it spins ccw and is forced rotation. Some people don't like that and it is more for a production setting.

I say get a gg6 and be done with it. Then get a smaller backing plate and also a assortment of pads.

Foam or mictofibre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts