What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t get the upper ball joint off. I was able to get one side bolt in from the top, and finally was able to get the other side in bolt on bottom. Not ideal but w/e. Will torque that bolt a few pounds higher than the other ones. I used a washer on that one as well to give some more clearance between the threaded section and the CV shaft because it was a bit close for my prefrence.

View attachment 231566 View attachment 231567
Good to see you got it.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Good to see you got it.
All buttoned up! Gotta take it in tomorrow for alignment tomorrow. Looks like it induced some positive camber. Not as much as it looks like in the picture- the steering wheels not quite straight but there is some. Freaking hate positive camber you see on trucks.

I also forgot I left ignition on. So I killed the battery. That’s charging right now too

B38A3CDE-A75B-4117-B112-925A3858CFFA.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was poking around under the hood and found the left side injector harness has been rubbing on the engine cover, so I zip tied it down to the main ecm harness which gives it about 1/2" of clearance now, also just found the alternator charging wire has been rubbing on the passenger side of the engine cover also going to zip tie that down a bit as well

IMG_20190929_173931.jpg

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Was poking around under the hood and found the left side injector harness has been rubbing on the engine cover, so I zip tied it down to the main ecm harness which gives it about 1/2" of clearance now, also just found the alternator charging wire has been rubbing on the passenger side of the engine cover also going to zip tie that down a bit as well

View attachment 231573
Why not just throw out the engine cover? Keep the intake mani a little cooler as well

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Only thing I don’t like about how the engine looks without the cover is the resonators on the intake tube that go down by AC lines (cant see in pic) and towards the rear of engine. My christmas present to myself will be the air raid intake tube that doesnt have the resonators.

Other thing I don’t like is the harness that crosses the engine on top but there’s nothing I can do about that.

67FB21BE-9782-4183-90CC-DDB73109963D.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only thing I don’t like about how the engine looks without the cover is the resonators on the intake tube that go down by AC lines (cant see in pic) and towards the rear of engine. My christmas present to myself will be the air raid intake tube that doesnt have the resonators.

Other thing I don’t like is the harness that crosses the engine on top but there’s nothing I can do about that.

View attachment 231575
The whole thing looks ugly to me, like it was meant to be covered.:rolleyes: