What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I know, I’ve done some. I have a bunch of different sizes of braided expandable stuff that I did some of the hoses with. Problem with that is you have to get the end connectors to go through it, then stretch it tight but it only expands/ contracts so much depending on the size so big end connectors don’t work. Yours didn’t look split in the pics, I’m thinking because you took some time and effort to make it look that nice. Good work. :happy107:
So you don't take the big ends off, run them through the loom stuff, and then recap them? :eek:

Csalmans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I thought so too. Now she just needs a bath somethin desperately.....
I also need to buy new center caps. I'm struggling with all black bowtie, or black with silver bowtie....
Did you have to buy new lug nuts to use the Titan wheels?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I was being an ass. Sometimes I'm a perfectionist myself, sometimes I'm just "send it."
Yeah if I’m really going to get into the wiring under the hood to that extent I’d just be tempted to extend it all and hide it completely. Which I might do on my bagged Silverado some day, I’ve considered it. The stock harnesses are just a mess which GM solved by sticking a plastic engine cover on. But what happens when you can’t use that anymore because, say, there’s a supercharger on it or some other random reason. Then you have this mess . :rolleyes: :p

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The loom is "Gear It" brand from Amazon. I was having a hard time finding all of the sizes on there now for my neighbor, and I think maybe the "alextech" is the same stuff.
And "Tessa" brand wire loom tape.
It's a little more work than I anticipated, hopefully get some more knocked out today.
Looks a lot like the stuff I ordered from Amazon August of ‘21.

..and still have not installed.. o_O

It’s one of those jobs I want to do, but also recognize the PITA it will be.

50ft PET Expandable Braided Cable Sleeve, Wire Loom Wire Braid Sleeving with 127 Pieces Shrink Tube for Audio Video and Other Home Device Cable Automotive Wire (Red,1 Inch, 1/4 Inch, 3/4 Inch) https://a.co/d/awes17p

Oh yeah, and that stuff isn’t even the split loom, it’s the sleeved.. I have a whole pile of the split loom I ordered around the same time.. I’ll get to it one of these days.. yeah..

Seriously @Walchit, looks like a damn good job. Wanna do mine..?
:derp:

Last edited:

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The expanded loom and heat shrink would be a whole different level of PITA. But also look a lot better. I think you would need to re-pin most if not all of your plugs. And the big ends of the loom would be next to impossible.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The expanded loom and heat shrink would be a whole different level of PITA. But also look a lot better. I think you would need to re-pin most if not all of your plugs. And the big ends of the loom would be next to impossible.
Love the look.
But, it would probably be extremely painful the first time you have to start cutting into all that hard work to trace down a circuit issue...
Split loom for me.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if I’m really going to get into the wiring under the hood to that extent I’d just be tempted to extend it all and hide it completely. Which I might do on my bagged Silverado some day, I’ve considered it. The stock harnesses are just a mess which GM solved by sticking a plastic engine cover on. But what happens when you can’t use that anymore because, say, there’s a supercharger on it or some other random reason. Then you have this mess . :rolleyes: :p
Get a bigger supercharger -- to hide the wires? :rolleyes::cheers:

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Mechman ( I went with Black) that I installed several years ago. Still running great.
When you installed the alternator and wiring, did you have to leave the negative ground sensor hooked up? When I installed mine and disconnected it, the battery light on the dash came on. I thought I could leave it disconnected so the alternator will run full amperage all the time when paired with the P103 module?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257