What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toyfare

Reaction score
Got the lovely "battery not charging" message on the DIC Sunday morning. I left the car running until I got home. Turned it off and back on again, and nothing on the dash worked. I tested the battery with the car off and it was reading 12.12V and with the car on 11.45V. Went and bought a NEW aftermarket altenator and took 30 minutes to swap. I spent more time getting the damn belt on then it took to swap out the altenator. Everything runs like it should now!

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Tahoe 2 painted lower valance, cleaned headlights and parking lights need to get new fog lights since the lenses have fell off. Put trim dreesing on the running boards and bumper plastics. Adjusted front bumper too. Also got a pic of both of the Tahoe's together.

Attachments

• IMG_3758.jpg
    IMG_3758.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 24

Rickz04Yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
picture.jpg

Got the Yuk some new tread now to get an alignment done
(Hankook 70k full set $488 out the door)

FYI Never let a shop sell you the TPMS valve kit buy them yourself @ the auto parts store its way cheaper

Last edited:

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Tahoe 2 painted lower valance, cleaned headlights and parking lights need to get new fog lights since the lenses have fell off. Put trim dreesing on the running boards and bumper plastics. Adjusted front bumper too. Also got a pic of both of the Tahoe's together.

Monday I sold a brand new set of fogs for 20.00! I bought them for my tahoe but after going with the SS bumper cover I had no use for them..

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monday I sold a brand new set of fogs for 20.00! I bought them for my tahoe but after going with the SS bumper cover I had no use for them..

Damn well next time you want to get rid of something let me know. Looking to start buying some spare parts.

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hadnt even had it 3 days before i started ordering mods. bought it friday, put these on yesterday.
YdUSNOY.jpg

doing the PNP HID in them until i source the parts for a retrofit.

also got a pile of LED's to do the DRL and interior and puddle lights. depending on the rain today i might do all that tonight or i might have to wait till tomorrow.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well all of this came in today! WOOO HOOO no more leaking coolant! haha.

I ordered all gates brand except the belts, those are Goodyear. I was planning on going Delco but I read a lot of bad reviews on the Delco stuff now a days, and lots of good ones about Gates, So I went with Gates.

GATES 45005 Water Pump W/ Gaskets
GATES 33910 Thermostat Housing W/ Thermostat
GATES 22436 Upper Radiator Hose
GATES 22437 Lower Radiator Hose
GOODYEAR 4040377 AC Belt
GOODYEAR 4060930 145A Alternator Belt

So I plan to get this done this weekend!

Attachments

• waterpump.jpg
    waterpump.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 21

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well all of this came in today! WOOO HOOO no more leaking coolant! haha.

I ordered all gates brand except the belts, those are Goodyear. I was planning on going Delco but I read a lot of bad reviews on the Delco stuff now a days, and lots of good ones about Gates, So I went with Gates.

GATES 45005 Water Pump W/ Gaskets
GATES 33910 Thermostat Housing W/ Thermostat
GATES 22436 Upper Radiator Hose
GATES 22437 Lower Radiator Hose
GOODYEAR 4040377 AC Belt
GOODYEAR 4060930 145A Alternator Belt

So I plan to get this done this weekend!

You got the exact same parts I did when mine started weeping a couple months back. It is a SUPER easy job, especially if you have electric fans. It'll take you 1.5 hours, tops.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got the exact same parts I did when mine started weeping a couple months back. It is a SUPER easy job, especially if you have electric fans. It'll take you 1.5 hours, tops.

Haha awesome! Did you flush the radiator while you had the hoses off? if so how did you go about doing it? And I do have Efans

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor has less than 1500 miles, had a pressure test ran today, head gasket was good but I do have a slow leak. I contacted the original owner he said he also had problems with leaking antifreeze. I had a new water pump installed when the motor was built. I also contacted the engine builder and said he did do I pressure check on the heads so there were no leaks. I'm thinking the coolant tank or radiator is leaking, only thing it could be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msheaner

Latest posts