What are these .I would like to know what these things are and can they be removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how the government hears your comversations and tracks you. Don't remove them cuz the men in dark suits will come visiting

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st pic is probably an aftermarket cell phone antenna. It could be the Onstar antenna, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that up front for Onstar....

2nd pic is definitely your Onstar microphone.

That's how the government hears your comversations and tracks you. Don't remove them cuz the men in dark suits will come visiting

:lol2:

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
I believe the one by the mirror is an OnStar sensor for crash detection. The other one is your mic for the phone and voice commands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st pic is probably an aftermarket cell phone antenna. It could be the Onstar antenna, but I don't think I've ever seen one like that up front for Onstar....

2nd pic is definitely your Onstar microphone.

Agreed. I have nothing like that in the first pic in mine.....

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't recognize #1. Probably have to drop the headliner to see where it goes. Not a big drama, just takes a bit of time. Give a shout if you need some help with how it comes down. I replaced my fabric up there last fall.

#2 is the OnStar mic. Take down your overhead console to unclip it and then unhook it from the wiring harness in the overhead. There is one long screw at the forward part of the console. If you go as far as dropping your headliner, you can delete the shark fin OnStar antenna on the roof too. :)

@RachelJWalker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n