What are some cool looking head lights and tail lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^Yes they are! I love 'em too! They're awesome. Perfect in every way. It's just too bad I can't find headlights with the same quality & fittment.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^Yes they are! I love 'em too! They're awesome. Perfect in every way. It's just too bad I can't find headlights with the same quality & fittment.

I agree! I'd like to be able to find some headlights with the same quality. Did you have to put some silicone around the edges of your tails to keep them watertight? I noticed as I was installing them that there is a little gap between the housing and the inside lights where water can possibly get into and cause these same problems everyone keeps talking about with water getting into their lights? You have the same problem? It's minor, but something I noticed and am worried about. Might just lay down a bead of clear silicone as preventative measures.

I'll try to take pics tomorrow to show you what im talking about.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always silicone any/all edges of all my lights.

OP
OP
bradmps

bradmps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just moved the tailights all the way up and screwed them in s o the gap is at the bottom

OP
OP
bradmps

bradmps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do you get the silicon and whats it called?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right on. that seems to be the norm around here. gonna do that later today.

thanks chip

Anytime!

where do you get the silicon and whats it called?

You can use whatever you want. Clear caulk, epoxy, clear silicne from Lowes. It doesn't matter, just something clear. This is an old, simple trick, so don't psych yourself out with it. Just buy some clear tub & tile caulk from lowes. It works great! I won't even put any lights in, on any vehicle w/o it! It'll never do you wrong! Just try not to make a mess, let it dry propper, and you're in there!

If I can help further, just give me a shout.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they have built in resistors? Do your signals blink normally?

Yep. Resistors attached on the inside. Signals will blink rapidly if you plug it in wrong. Either wrong lights or black wire not matched up with the black wire in the taillight (chip, correct me if I'm wrong). Just remember how you took out your stock bulbs and make sure the right ones are plugged into the LED tails.

I just grabbed some clear silicone from HD. Like chip said, silicone is silicone. You could go through all the tubes (which I did) and I found one for gutters/flashing that is weatherproof (wont shrink or break apart under heat or cold). They have silicone for bathrooms/tubs and silicone for windows/basement. I would go for more of the exterior use silicone. Should spend no more than $7/tube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON