Wet Concrete From Transmission Extension Housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
the thread title is 'wet concrete, am i to assume it is a "grey muck" as opposed to an oil leak? you dont drive it through those bullshite auto washes that blast the under carriage with water do you? it is a longshot but liquid grey concrete is not oil its corrosion? and the vibration that started with the slip yoke replacement is likely the yoke/ujoint out of alignment. if you can feel the vibration in the vehicle somthing is getting the crap whooped out of it everytime you maintaine that rpm or "frequency" i balance helocopter main/tail rotors for a living. vibration destroys components.not to freak you out or anything:eek:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My RWD 2008 Yukon has been sitting in the driveway for a couple weeks now because of the work at home thing. I haven't used it at all in that time and yesterday I noticed a big wet area under the vehicle.

I see water under mine some mornings as the dew is burning off, water is running down off the truck, around doors, sunroof drains, rear hatch, etc. No internal leaks, just water finding its way to ground.

Now if the wet area is red, that's another set of circumstances! Either a cat ate a rabbit under your truck or your transmission might be a leakin'!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, he said a small drip from the transmission tail housing. I ASSUMED red fluid.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody thought it strange he said “wet concrete”? To me that means water or coolant. Although I guess transmission fluid is wet , when I see it on concrete I don’t say the concrete is wet. I say there’s trans fluid on the concrete. So what is it @YukonCrazy ? Trans fluid? Water? Dexcool? Oil? This is killin me lol.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody thought it strange he said “wet concrete”? To me that means water or coolant. Although I guess transmission fluid is wet , when I see it on concrete I don’t say the concrete is wet. I say there’s trans fluid on the concrete. So what is it @YukonCrazy ? Trans fluid? Water? Dexcool? Oil? This is killin me lol.
upload_2020-5-1_17-27-12.png

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert

ok, now i get it. The concrete is wet and it must be trans fluid. i took it literally.:laughing1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy