**WELL, it's lower...need 2 b lower tho...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks WHITEOUT...ya i might need that for my tahoe cause i got the 3-5 kit new tires 20s(gonna get 24s friday) put new inner tie rods and wheels bearings and aligned it 2 times already and truck doesnt feel right.steering wheel shakes a little and pulls to right?? idk what to do anymore im pissed lol

OP
OP
Yuko04

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
just call me much easier.

btw here are the rear instructions
http://www.djmsuspension.com/Instruction PDF 0908/Kits/RK2000.pdf

Thanks Tony! I'll hit you tomorrow...been lifting granite counter tops for the last 2 hours, Im tired as heck...:sleepy10:

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

just call me much easier.

btw here are the rear instructions
http://www.djmsuspension.com/Instruction PDF 0908/Kits/RK2000.pdf

AH....I just glanced at it Tony... I SEE... The two shorter bolts,bolt on to the trailing arm and NOT go all the way through! See what me and Alex33 did was take the longer bolt(or I mean WHITEOUT) and went all the way through where the 2 short ones should go....and the longer bolt you supplied will then go at the bottom of the trailing arm and it wounld then be long enough and thread all the way through the bottom trailing arm nut. Boy I feel dumb now!:boxed:

I think I am just going to take that trailing arm bracket off anyway,due to the full rear kit of UCA and LCA adjusty's I got from you........Aight, now I'm hitting the sack!

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
All that, and you put the bolts in the wrong place!!!!:Wedgie: just kidding bro, atleast you got it fixed. Hopefully you got sway bar all worked out aswell. DJM's instructions got you covered, just move over and drill holes. Easy enough. I had mine like that, but truck felt wobbly, then moved back over and ground down bracket for clearence. Fixed my body roll on freeway over dips. IDK tho, probably just been me.
Pic of my bracket, still plenty of meat on the bone
20120321_084351.jpg

I'd say keep the brackets on. Mostly cause there already on. But they do more good then bad, again by putting that lower arm more parallel to ground. That's going to give better traction and control. Also makes your investment more visible:happy107: But only reason I got em cause a fellow member hooked me up with brackets and links for $40, wouldn't have bought otherwise. But you shouldn't have a problem selling to someone if u remove

OP
OP
Yuko04

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Yeah your right WHITEOUT...I gonna keep them on. You can see the nice red LCA a lot better to. Yeah I moved sway bar over and re-adjusted everything....and yeah night and day. I've only driven it 10 miles so I havent felt that excess body roll from moving sway over. I like your pic...I've got mine ground down just like that,but I was still hitting on the rebound...and I am leary of grinding anymore. Thanks for you fast,consistant and helpful replies!!!!!!!
I'll post a new pic soon....

OP
OP
Yuko04

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
All done and adjusted...........:party36:

Attachments

• P3130007.jpg
    P3130007.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 46
  • P3130009.jpg
    P3130009.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Final Drop pic2.jpg
    Final Drop pic2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 49

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Right on, Looks great man! It's got a nice stance now, and probably riding better with everything adjusted right. Ya no problem man :Handshake: helps to get input, suggestions, advice from others who have dealt/dealing with same sh$t. im still learning, but glad to help when I can. Been messing with my suspension for over 5 yrs, constantly changing and trying new things n ways. And I (well especially the wife-which is who I have to get to love it to justify my time n money, haha) like the way my Tahoe rides and handles. But.... Can always be better:imo:

Ya Just moving the sway bar over should be money. Like I said, I just try different sh$t to see how it feels, and grinding bracket and putting sway back at stock location seemed to work for me. Or just in my head:Stupid Me: Life of a modder

Cool u got it worked out man

Last edited:

ghost

Reaction score
yuko04- digging the stance bro.. you will come to find out, there is no low enough lol..

whiteout - digging the new look man! i need to change it up a bit! shes been paid off for a bit, so maybe start buyin new mods!

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
^thanks ghost

Yuko04- what are ur measurements now? what size tire? It looks like a 3/5 drop now, much better! You have the 4230 coils? wish I knew someone local that had those so I could feel how they ride.

OP
OP
Yuko04

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Thanks fellas! I think it is really starting to seat now. I'm not getting the tweeking from the rear anymore...The only concern I had today was the frontend really creeks over stiff bumps and the "tar seams" on the road(I think it has to be something to do with the stock front swaybar endlinks). I was out of the semi today so we as a family had a chance to put 120 miles on the pig. It was all good. Interstate I cruised at 80mph for a good hour and then we did some town driving leading into the country corners. WOW that rearend has never tracked like that in my hills. Well worth the money!
Now when I hooked up the trailer to go pick up the new tractor....she definitely had sag. I figured to do the helper bags,instead of keeping my Sensatrac air shocks. The sensatracs have too long of a stroke and everytime we put it on the hoist the springs fall out+ I paid for the BT SP's, I mise well run them(IMO). So I will need that part# from "godoy" or I can just check the forums.
As for measurements....I will have them for you guys in the morning. Thanks for all of you guys input. It was very useful!:peace:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jonas, when you take your measurements can you do me a favor? do ground to fenderlip and to hub to fenderlip. I'm stumped as to why mine won't go any lower. I even tried removing the swaybar completely just to see where the truck sits.

Edit: Whiteout, could you do the same?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian