**WELL, it's lower...need 2 b lower tho...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
there you go. See, Never said it couldn't be done, he's gotcha taken care of. Just remember Norcal SS advising me against doing it awhile back when I got some drop arms. Crazy tho, don't see how you could possibly be sitting higher then everyone else with 2" drop spindles, 3" drop arms and a 1" body drop abouts??? around a 6" drop without messing with keys" what are your measurements?

Last edited:

ghost

Reaction score
I do right here along with a body drop...The only thing is it seems like mine sits higher (considering what I have done) than what everybody else says theirs sit at and I don't know why. My drivers side key is cranked all of the way up and my passengers is all of the way down to help level the front (although my passenger side is still higher).

pics? with spindles and drop arms you would be tucking tire i would think, but with keys all the way up would probably raise you and 1" or so, so maybe a 4" drop overall.. i dk.. would like to see how you match that up to the rear.. cuz i have 4" of drop on the front and i had to cut coils to get where im at..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yuko04

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
that's good to know tho!! I think I may get those coils now. As much as I want to bag it, it's my DD, and just not sure I want to deal with the hassle of bags, and worrying about the what ifs, and possibles happening, especially having my wife and 3 yr old in rig. Might just stay static and get those 4230 coils. Hmmmmm?? decisions, decisions.

Cool it's riding better tho man. Ya, get some drop keys to go with your arms, think u can get it to level out. From your measurements, were about same drop all around, now ur lower then me in rear tho. damn it, know I need to start a post sayin, "well it's lowered.....need to be lower tho" haha. But I do have my keys cranked up all the way, so can get it at least another inch lower in front if needed. I do have drop keys with my spindles installed. Idk, would like to know if someone has used drop arms and spindles with static drop.

IMO WHITEOUT....Dont bag your daily! I am a minitrucker and have had several bagged trucks and just sold my most recent mini to get over into the SUV world. You have wife and kids also? Let me tell you from expierence. It sucks when your wife is the maid of honor in a wedding and your son is ring bearer and you(me) have the bright idea of taking the 04 s10 bagged mini to the wedding. After hardlining it all night and waxing and buffing so it will be supersharp..... I blew a fitting in half on my driver front 6 miles from the chapel and 12 minutes to spare. Long story short... DONT BAGG THE DD! Friend came and picked her and my son up,but I have not heard the end of it and that was 6 years ago:signs8:
As far as drop keys...thats what I will do. I can get them in with out screwing with alignment or having to take that front end all apart. Plus I think I will have issues with my 4 wheel drive. i just want to be able to have +- an inch of tolerance. Rear is sitting right where I want. Thanks for your advice bro,greatly appreciated:waytogo:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
IMO WHITEOUT....Dont bag your daily! I am a minitrucker and have had several bagged trucks and just sold my most recent mini to get over into the SUV world. You have wife and kids also? Let me tell you from expierence. It sucks when your wife is the maid of honor in a wedding and your son is ring bearer and you(me) have the bright idea of taking the 04 s10 bagged mini to the wedding. After hardlining it all night and waxing and buffing so it will be supersharp..... I blew a fitting in half on my driver front 6 miles from the chapel and 12 minutes to spare. Long story short... DONT BAGG THE DD! Friend came and picked her and my son up,but I have not heard the end of it and that was 6 years ago:signs8:
As far as drop keys...thats what I will do. I can get them in with out screwing with alignment or having to take that front end all apart. Plus I think I will have issues with my 4 wheel drive. i just want to be able to have +- an inch of tolerance. Rear is sitting right where I want. Thanks for your advice bro,greatly appreciated:waytogo:

DAMN!!!! That right there is exactly why I am SO hesitant to bag. And if that happened to me with the ol lady in the ride, with the kid!! Think I would be less a man:greenchainsaw:haha I had 1 bagged truck was I was a kid, but only for a minute, cause was alot of work to keep it on the road. Just too much shit to go wrong!! But man are they fun, and do ride nice. but...... probably just stay static

I think keys would be your best bet also. But you could totally do drop spindles with 4wd, so don't let that stop you if you wanted them. Just think you will get lower then you want.

I too want to see pics of MeanGreen03's ride with drop spindles, drop arms, and a body drop? Want to see how low you got that thing. From Sig pic it doesn't look that low. And like Ghost said, would think you would start tucking.

OP
OP
Yuko04

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Thanks man! Keys it is. Meangreen03 would definitly have to tuck( I would think). Although this is my first time messing with fourwheel drives..I know with the minis we would bagg,drop arms and then spindles to laybody. Especially on a 3 1/4 inch traditional body drop. And why did you ever get rid of the Black on White spokes? Those were sick! It gave the truck an optical illusion as if there was nothing in your fender wells but the spokes... just sick!:D

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I KNOW I KNOW!!!!! I actually loved those rims!!! Exactly like you said, made it look like only white spokes were holding a tire on at 6 points. I actually still have them, can't get myself to get rid of them. I loved that white with black accents I had going. Nice thing is, everything I took off, black n white grill shell, grill, lights, wheels. I still have all that, was 2nd set of parts I had done up for that look.

IDK, just needed new tires for the 20's, came up on some 22" custom made Intro's that I couldn't pass up on with tires for SUPER CHEAP! I paid $700 for these 22" Intro wheels with tires! Who wouldn't swoop em up? Still true, no dings, no fixes done to them, just nice custom wheels, just need a good polishing. Had to get em. That and I am horrible at NOT doing something to my vehicles. I actually just took off running boards yesterday cause my neighbor is supposed to paint them for me. Actually gonna start a post asking how I should paint them? Always something

OP
OP
Yuko04

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
M A N those are sick though! I might have to bite on them in a set of 24's. I was looking at your album last night....just thinking how tight those would be in 24's with my drop. I see we got some comparable taste........ A L W A Y Z modding!!!!

OH and as for your step rails.....What I have done for guys before is. Buy a couple cans of "Paintable rubberized coating" spray steps first and then let them cure. And when you mix your paint,ad "adhesion promoter" in the base color. This will make your paint last longer because people are always stepping and twisting when they get in and out....Just a pointer.

Last edited:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Ya a set of those black with white spoke rims in 24" would be SICK!! biter!! haha JK..Do it up. personally like that look better then other ways adding color to rims, it's not gaudy and hair enough white to set em apart. N like u said, gave a cool illusion the way I had it done. would love to see it done in a 24". Damn it, now I want to put my old rims back on!! haha. Why I kept em tho, can never keep my mind straight. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE.

As for painting running boards. My neighbor paints cars, so is going to use that Gorilla adhesion promoter for plastics, so gonna be done right. He has me covered, but appreciate the advice. Not sure if you read my post about asking for advice on how much I should paint the boards.

but since we have some similar flavors. How would u get running boards painted? and I hate asking advice.for what I should do to my ride. But getting no help, n can't make up my mind.
All white? Which is how I think I am going to paint them. Just different, and since lowered, nobody will be stepping on them anyways and have rear bumper pads like that n holds up well under use when painted right. That and haven't really seen done all white, and think it will give the boards a side skirt appearance.
White outside, keep inside pad black? like how everyone else has em

Or white outside n inside, but keep just the little rectangular pads that stick up black? Haven't seen done like that, would be tedious to mask up. But alittle different. But not sure it would even look right. Let me know ur opinion? They should be getting painted tomorrow afternoon. He's repainting my smoothie rear vents tomorrow also. Last guy used bad clear.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I would suggest keeping the running boards off especially with the body drop. Though I'm not a fan of the body drop people have tried anything that makes it lower is commendable. That being said please use a thin poly body mount bushing so your truck doesn't have any more rattles than the normal interior panels :crazy:

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well first things first...Jones, your Yukon looks good (and low)! Austin, I have to say that I liked your other rims better (just my taste though).
My sig pic is from a long time ago. A lot has changed since then. The last time I measured I was sitting around 32.25" with a 32.4" tire. I posted a newer picture up in the "Your vehicles as they sit now..." Well here it is http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=387693&postcount=137. The front sits a little lower than that on level ground. I had one of my helper bags leak so I'm waiting for a replacement to get it back on the ground (also squatting when taking the picture). I had to cut my rear springs as well. I have a roll pan, no spare tire, or 3rd row seats (just a basic sealed sub box with 2 12's. I want to bag this thing so bad!! I need new fron fenders anyway (tried mini tubbing and kinked the fender lips) so when I buy new ones I"m going to go ahead and tub the front. As Max said, if you do body drop it use some type of mount (no metal on metal). I'm using energy suspension poly mounts. There is a bit more road noise than with rubber though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420