Weather tech floor liners kinda sucking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall206

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the full set for the 07 suburban. Fronts, 2nd row, behind 2nd row, and cargo liner.

All of them are great except the drivers one (that I use most lol) it just wont stay in place even with the little spikes that were included.

anyone have the same issue? it just slides all over the places the spikes dont dig into the carpet and hold it. Passenger side is better

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
make a hook? my 4-runner used to have a floor hook that held the factory mat right where it needed to be. I use the oem gmc matt on my Yukon it doesn't move (much) if at all

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has a hook thing that screws into the carpet and catches a hole in the mat. I took it out cuz my GF daily's it and she pushes the mat forward. I'll probably make a hook out of flat aluminum or steel stock to attach to a seat bracket and catch that hole in the mat.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the full set for the 07 suburban. Fronts, 2nd row, behind 2nd row, and cargo liner.

All of them are great except the drivers one (that I use most lol) it just wont stay in place even with the little spikes that were included.

anyone have the same issue? it just slides all over the places the spikes dont dig into the carpet and hold it. Passenger side is better
Same issue here wife’s 08 tahoe jamming gas pedal scared the hell out of me while already doing 80 mph on thruway took it out

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed Husky X-act contour mats in the front of my 13 PPV with the rubber floor, and they are perfect!. Having 2 different trucks now with a rubber floor, you still need a mat, and everything I've tried before slid all over. The new Husky mats stay right in place with no retainer, and look great. Paid $100.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have heard a few complaints of this before. I prefer the Husky liners for that reason. we have NO complaints from our customers with these. The weather techs are very nice but i think the Husky liners one up them most categories.

Let me know if you want to switch over to the Husky liners. we offer some good discounts on those.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have weathertech in front, husky x-act contour in middle, and husky weatherbeater cargo mat in back with cutouts and third-row seats in. The weathertech mats in the front were given to me by a friend, but he didn't provide the floor hook for the driver's side. I called weathertech and they sent me a hook for free. Once I put in the hook, driver's side stays perfectly in place, which also prevents any curling, which was happening in the corner by the hood latch. Passenger side is always sliding around. If I didn't have the front mats already, I would hands down go for the husky x-act contour or weatherbeater in that order. The x-act contour are more rubbery and nice with nubbins on bottom to hold in place. The weatherbeater cargo mat cutouts are less invasive than the weathertech cargo mat.

Last edited:

Pawel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed Husky X-act contour mats in the front of my 13 PPV with the rubber floor, and they are perfect!. Having 2 different trucks now with a rubber floor, you still need a mat, and everything I've tried before slid all over. The new Husky mats stay right in place with no retainer, and look great. Paid $100.
Yes, husky is WAY better. I have a set in my 11. They don’t make a set for my 05 avalanche so I had to get weather tech and I HATE them.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Weather Tech in front, mid and rear cargo since my '05 Tahoe was new. The front ones have always curled badly around the edges. I've tried heat gun, leaving in the hot sun, weighting them down, etc. I never found a way to remove the curls which seem to get worse each year. But, I've not had a problem with them sliding around like the OP mentioned.

kc8rxq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have Husky liners up front and in the back seat area and they do quite well. My only complaint with the driver's side is that I will occasionally catch my shoe/boot on the edge of the lip that is there to hold debris and water. Other than that they are great and I've had Husky liners in my '99 Yukon and many others.

Ed
2007 GMC Yukon SLT
115k miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n