Washer fluid tank leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I noticed when I used my windshield washers there was a puddle under where the tank is and some fluid over the engine compartment never any leak besides when I use them had a similar issue on my OBS Tahoe ended up being the pump, anyone ever have this issue if so was it the pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's in the engine compartment I would check your plastic lines. Have someone press the button and just look at were it's coming from. Very brittle lines with age and probably cracked. I had one crack just above the battery. Went cheap and just taped it.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's in the engine compartment I would check your plastic lines. Have someone press the button and just look at were it's coming from. Very brittle lines with age and probably cracked. I had one crack just above the battery. Went cheap and just taped it.

That would make sense cause it was on the battery and could have easily leaked down ill try that out and see

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen last year. Mine was a cracked washer pump. Pretty easy to replace

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Today I noticed when I used my windshield washers there was a puddle under where the tank is and some fluid over the engine compartment never any leak besides when I use them had a similar issue on my OBS Tahoe ended up being the pump, anyone ever have this issue if so was it the pump?

I had a similar issue. The connection under the hood separated that led to the rear washer pump. Connected it and all was good. Does your rear washer pump fluid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123