Vortec SuperCharger For Sale!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
Okay I would like to apologize.. I did not post up the greatest for sale thread especially for something so expensive.

I update the first post with some websites and some information and most importantly more pictures.

I know that I am new to S/C but that does not mean I am completely dumb with them

I know the size of the pulley is the amount of boost on a s/c
From what the guy told me that sold it to me and from what I have seen on stock Vortec V9-F superchargers the pulley that is on mine is a significant amount smaller meaning that the impeller is spinning quite a bit faster

Is it 19lbs of boost? Possibly. Would I bet my Tahoe on it. Probably not.
All I know is that it is a tiny pulley for what should be on there.

If you have information to add to the thread please feel free but otherwise I do not want anymore post dumping in here saying its a turbo or it looks like a turbo because its not otherwise it wouldn't say Vortec SUPERCHARGER on it

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a public forum, lets keep it here.

Just swapping S/C heads. Keeping the kit

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
install that charger on ur hoe brah get the rest of the kit

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking to me or him?

My S/C build is on hold once again b/c my truck got robbed etc etc etc...so its on back on hold. But what little scratch I am saving up, I dont mind spending it and making it a better kit.

His claim is that he is way over his head...more money then he thought and wants to sell.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Actually if you could snap a pic, id really like to see how small that pulley is

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
check the first post.. and I just called the guy I got it from and he said that the bracket is already bolted up to the s/c I just need to swap out the pulley

the longer it stays for sale the more I get educated and the more I want to keep it lol!

foreverfalcon can you PM me a picture of the procharger you have?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
This is the head unit off of an older vortech kit, it will fit a number of applications but the kit was probably designed for any 00-06 4.8/5.3/6.0 truck. Anyone interested in the kit should call vortech and price the kit sans head unit to get an idea of the cost. Centrifugal superchargers generally operate best between 7-13 psi though other engine mods will dictate the end boost level (larger/higher flowing intake manifolds, higher/lower static compression, larger displacement, etc.).

Any belt-driven form of forced induction is classified as a supercharger, a turbocharger is driven by the exhaust. There are a number of different forms of supercharger, this is a centrifugal charger as it operates in similar fashion as a turbocharger and builds boost progressively.

Bump for a good unit, these will net approximately 75-150hp depending on supporting mods and can be upgraded via water methanol injection and various intercoolers to increase power due to a cooler, denser charge. PM me if anyone has any questions as I am familiar with these units on our vehicles :cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I really appreciate that post Max! Lots of great information!
I think you should go ahead and snag this ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove