Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gln826

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Almost certain that what you are experiencing is the engine running on 4 cylinders. It almost feels like the engine is running roughly. The key to what you said was taking your foot off the gas, forcing the engine to "think" horsepower isn't currently needed. When you step on the gas, there will be a slight hesitation as it changes from 4 to 8 cylinders, then the vibration "goes away".

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could be right. I took it out yesterday but it didn't vibrate. I will watch and see when it vibrates if it us in v4 mode. It is pretty bad and annoying. I can't imagine driving it like this for the next few years.

It seems to happen when I let of the gas after accelerating but then slightly push the gas to maintain speed.

gln826

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Based on what you just wrote, that's exactly what it is.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that means there is no fix and I have to desk with it???? That sucks.

But if others don't have this problem there has to be something wrong.... No?

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it today. You are correct. It only vibrates in V4 mode. Now what? You think the dealer can fix it?

gln826

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Drive it today. You are correct. It only vibrates in V4 mode. Now what? You think the dealer can fix it?

I don't think there's something to fix. It's the way it works, or doesn't.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's something to fix. It's the way it works, or doesn't.

That's what I was afraid of. It's horrible. I can't imagine driving it like this for the next few years. Oh well. It is what it is.

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel this vibration in V4 mode?

garlandyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a SLT which I have driven about 20K miles now and I haven't had any vibration issues in the 4cyl mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Busynesa

Latest posts