Vibration while braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mishal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys
I changed my brake rotors and pads with AC Delco but till now while braking I get crazy vibration. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I changed my brake rotors and pads with AC Delco but till now while braking I get crazy vibration. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Does the "crazy vibration" you speak of happen at all speeds when braking?
After replacing the front brakes and pumping the brakes to "normal pedal", did you spin each front wheel by hand to assure you don't have a caliper hanging up or dragging?
Some super cheap rotors out there can be warped or out-of-round right out of the box. Even the "cheap version" of some top name brands can be suspect of that sentiment.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @Hoesgottaeat2 in what he stated......used to see it quite often in the repair business. Then it got better for awhile, now they must be cutting costs again. Pathetic

Also, if you reside in a salt state, you may have rust buildup on the face of the wheel bearing hub. If that's not chiseled/filed smooth, it can cause issues with the rotor not sitting true and causing braking issues.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if you reside in a salt state, you may have rust buildup on the face of the wheel bearing hub. If that's not chiseled/filed smooth, it can cause issues with the rotor not sitting true and causing braking issues.
Good point @B-train. It can get so bad that the ABS sensor doesn't read right and you'll get low speed pulsations from the anti-lock. This can be annoying and down right dangerous when coming to a stop.
Can also be a symptom of a failing wheel bearing.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You didn't say, that I saw. Did you do all rotors and pads or just one axle? If just one axle, could be the other causing the vibes. Plus, what has been said about the rotor mount area is important to check and repair as needed, especially in salt road states. I used to see it ALL the time in KC, Mo. Are calipers moving freely and is hardware installed correctly? Soooo many things to consider.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't say, that I saw. Did you do all rotors and pads or just one axle? If just one axle, could be the other causing the vibes. Plus, what has been said about the rotor mount area is important to check and repair as needed, especially in salt road states. I used to see it ALL the time in KC, Mo. Are calipers moving freely and is hardware installed correctly? Soooo many things to consider.
Since the OP is here in the '91-'99 section, I'd say his rear axle is likely drum brakes. We haven't approached that subject here yet LOL.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since the OP is here in the '91-'99 section, I'd say his rear axle is likely drum brakes. We haven't approached that subject here yet LOL.
Ok, he can drive the truck and apply the park brake, slowly, to see if has the vibes. I have seen the vibes caused by out of round drums and shoes problems, such as hold down hardware....etc. Sorry, did not look/see the '91-'99 section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401