Vibrating after Leveling Kit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjp24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Puzzling question here, a while back (like two years) I installed a leveling kit on my 07 Tahoe LT RWD (just the spacers that go under the shocks). I noticed that over the past two years it sounds like something is vibrating/shaking when braking from about 35-25 mph and maybe getting worse. Only at those speeds. If you're going 80, it brakes normally until 35ish and will then make the noise till about 25ish. It brakes fine during that speed as well but sounds pretty bad. It doesn't necessarily feel like vibration. Just sounds like it. I feel like I remember it doing it right after install and assumed it was needing alignment/brake work/etc. Well it has been aligned, tires replaced, new brake calipers, rotors, and pads in the past 6 months and still have the sound. Any ideas? Performance is completely fine except for the noise while braking from 35-25mph.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Any changes to rims or tire size when levelled? What size rims?

It could be as simple as brake dust accumulation on the rotors / warped rotors that plagues this generation of trucks. After all the brake part replacement did things get any better?

Have you done any maint to the rear brakes?

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I just went through all of this.

Rear control arm bushings solved it for me.

Also, make sure your thrust angle is less than 1-degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo